Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winchester Bay Wreck

Winchester Bay Wreck

I went by winchester bay today and saw some rescue crew and stuff heading towards the dunes.....so i went and ate and went out there and they were just pulling the bikes in... on the whole front end was screwed up the tire was sideways and from the other damage im guessing totaled! the other bike which was a banshee just had minor damage from what i could tell...... i guess the polaris (the most damaged bike) was sitting in a bowl and the banshee jumped somehow and ran right into the back of the polaris! the guy on the polaris was thrown over the handlebars and i guess what fine...but the guy on the banshee possibly broke his back and was knocked out for 45mins! they both had been drinking......guess another reason to not drink and ride!
    Black '05 Honda 450r
    HRC Cam, DRD Slip-on, Pro Flow filter kit w/ K&N Filter, 13 tooth front sprocket
    Yellow '02 Honda 400ex
    K&N Air Filter w/ Outerwears,HMF Slip-on Powdercoated Black, Pro Armor Bumper, Renthal 400ex Bend Bars w/ Progrip Grips

'91 Toyota Pickup Extra Cab 4x4 SR5 v6!

98% of the teenage population will try, does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature

Bummer.... One would think they would be enforcing the alcohol ban this weekend....

Joe
    ATVRiders Janitorial Technician

!!!!!DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!!!!

Yea, major bummer......i talked to the forest service guy and hes like they really enforced the law this year and next year is gonna be worse.....if they really enforced it....how'd were those 2 riding? by the way the 2 that were in the wreck were friends...
    Black '05 Honda 450r
    HRC Cam, DRD Slip-on, Pro Flow filter kit w/ K&N Filter, 13 tooth front sprocket
    Yellow '02 Honda 400ex
    K&N Air Filter w/ Outerwears,HMF Slip-on Powdercoated Black, Pro Armor Bumper, Renthal 400ex Bend Bars w/ Progrip Grips

98% of the teenage population will try, does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature

Incidents like this is why they had to put a ban on alcohol at the dunes. Some people are just irresponsible.

Being friends would make it that much worse...... imagine the guilt.... Guess there wasn't a spotter

I've been in a couple of pile ups with friends on the trails at Florence with not much damage to person or quad. And seen a near catastrophe with a couple of the kids in our group this summer. Nothing that required medical treatment but the scare was there big time....

Joe

I tell you Pismo this weekend was a mad house and they were really out enforcing the Laws. They even had a courtesy sound check area, and a radar on the beach that told how fast you were going. I really don't mind the enforcement, since it takes some of the riff raff off the beach and where they belong, behind bars!
    2007 YFZ- Alba full Front and Rear with Elka Dune Shocks, Fatboy 4 Exhaust, Rath Nerfs, and more.
    1999 416ex with 2 much $ in it.
    2000 440ex ss SOLD

Dang thats terrible, was there many people out there this weekend?
    Race- Yamaha
    '06 klx110

HiPer
    Powermadd
    Alba
    Lonestar
    Houser
    Dave's Extreme Motorsports
    Upp Racing
    Black Pearl Seal Coating

We will always miss, but never forget Kelly "Steelrod" Chang... R.I.P man...

From what i saw on friday, there was quite a few people especially considering the weather conditions........
    Black '05 Honda 450r
    Yellow '02 Honda 400ex

Ya I saw a lot of people comming back on the road, in the rain! Nothing sucks more then dunes and rain!
    Race- Yamaha
    '06 klx110

HiPer
    Powermadd
    Alba
    Lonestar
    Houser
    Upp Racing
    Black Pearl Seal Coating

Originally posted by Narly R
    ..... Nothing sucks more then dunes and rain!
    Ain't that the truth! Other than work!LOL!

I was at the spring SLOV beach clean up at Sandlake. It was raining sideways, cold and I had tendonitis. Had a b!tch of a time getting the quad in the back of the truck.

It was still better than going to work!

Joe

Originally posted by JOEX
    Ain't that the truth! Other than work!LOL!

I was at the spring SLOV beach clean up at Sandlake. It was raining sideways, cold and I had tendonitis. Had a b!tch of a time getting the quad in the back of the truck.

It was still better than going to work!

Joe
    LMAO! Ya man no kiddin! I hate being out there, and not being to get anyware dry, and just sand and water everywhere. Work does have it beat though.... last time it rained, nobody was there so i was doing cookies in the parking lot with my dad's kodiak, and flipped it... thas what i get I guess..... Thats why i dont go to the dunes in the winter.....
    Race- Yamaha
    '06 klx110

HiPer
    Powermadd
    Alba
    Lonestar
    Houser
    Upp Racing
    Black Pearl Seal Coating

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast