Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do i need to replace for my seized bike i think due to no bottom end oil??

What do i need to replace for my seized bike i think due to no bottom end oil??

What do i need to do to get my 70s 2 stroke 125 yamaha dirtbike running again? I ran it w/o oil in the bottom end. what needs to be replace? Right now it wont kik so i believe it is seize. please help me find out what is wrong and what i need to replace.. THanks
    looking to buy a dirtbike engine

Selling 01 warrior w/ extras and
    Manco 6hp go kart in NJ

well from my point of view, u only have 2 options, take it apart and find out whats destroyed or just part the beast out, i dont think ur gunna find a lot of parts for a 70's dirtbike.....
    2001 Red 416ex #82

Parting out a 2000 Blaster
    Click here For blaster Parts

Parting out a 2001 TRX400EX as well, PM me for information

It depends on how long you ranit without oil before it seized up. THe cylinder needs bored and an oversized piston installed. You also might have to split the cases and replace the crank since the bottom end bearing are lubed with the oil out of the gas they might be toast.
    C&D Racing, the official sponsor of ATVriders.com and your #1 aftermarket and OEM parts shop! 402-614-2508

1st place +30 2010 IATVHSS
    #28 IATVHSS 09 Polaris 525S and 525IRS
    1st Place Industry Class 2008 Heartland Challenge
    1st Place Industry Class 2007 Maxxis 12 hrs
    www.cdracingonline.com
    check out the products we carry http://www.cdracingonline.com/sell.html

03 400EX-gibson lt front end axis shocks, lonestar axle, asv clutch and brake levers, tag handle bars

Your motor did not seiz because you didn't have any oil.
    2 strokes don't need oil to run as long as there is oil in the gas your OK. the oil that is in the base only goes in the gears and the clutch not the motor it self. ( It's like a chaine saw you don't need oil.) I could have damaged the gear if it run to long on no oil.
    The motor siezed because it's old. And it just happend to 2 strokes ones in a will.
    ECPerformance 450R

E-mail: trx500ex@hotmail.com

Depends on what seized. If it's the piston, you'll need to bore the cylinder and put a top end kit in it (piston, wrist pin, needle bearing, gaskets). If it's the bottom rod bearing (which it probably is), you'll need to tear the engine down, split the case and remove the crank, have a new rod and bearing installed, replace the crank bearings and seals, and put a top end in it if it needs it--or rings atleast. It may have seized due to lack of lubrication (not enough oil in premix, or oil injection system failed if it has one), not warming it up enough (if the piston's siezed, this is a common cause--cold seized), or it may have just been worn out.
    '00 416ex -- 11:1 Wiseco, stage 1 HotCams, LEXX slip-on w/ modded header, ASR +2 arms, 450r shocks, G-Force axle, FST style cooler, Trail Tech bars and clamp

Temporarily retired from my extremely short (but successful) racing career.

Maybe some IXCR in the near future.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. - Thomas Jefferson

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
    -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

i hate to say this man but its probably not worth fixing. if its a 70's 125 its worth probably next to nothing and parts would be hard to find for it anyways. you'd prob end up spending more to fix it than the entire bikes worth. send it to the scrap yard or sell whats left of it in parts on ebay.
    1985 LT250R < stolen!
    2002 400EX

Pull the top end off it and see if it's the piston that's siezed or the crank or tranny (if the crank will rotate with the cylinder off consider yourself lucky). If it was the piston, replace it, bore the cylinder, and be more careful next time. If it's the crank or tranny chances are it will cost you an arm and a leg to fix.
    '86 trx350r- fully custom, more than you can imagine
    For Sale or trade for 600+cc street bike:
    "Casper": '86 Suzuki LT250R, 600cc Kawasaki ninja 4 cyl motor-12,000rpm screamer
    '98 Banshee 370- extremely ported by Packard/Ripps

If you didn't put bottom end oil in, then you siezed the bottom end. That means you need most likely a new crank, rod, main bearings, big end rod bearing.
    00 440EX
    01 CR125
    http://www.quadstop.com

Check it.

How long has it been sitting? You could possibly have rusted the entire transmission if it has been sitting without oil. Rust probably wasn't the initial problem, but I bet it's your biggest problem now...
    Duncan Racing 340PV, +2 A-arms, +4 LSR axle, and a host of other goodies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast