Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hrc kits?

hrc kits?

i gotta question about the hrc kits..

i am second on the list for the 450r at my local dealer.//
    i was wandering when they call me up an tell me that my 450r is there to come an get it ,,,, are they going to have the hrc kits ready to put on as soon as they get the 4 wheelers... or am i going to have to bring it back later,,,, or do u think that they will be shipped in advance or with the 4 wheelers.

all i am saying is i hope i can leave the same day with the 450r and the hrc kit already on it...

appreciate it

I'm sure if you want the kit, they will put it on for you. It shouldn't take more than a few hours to put it on. So the same day isn't out of the question. I would let them know that you want it, so it will be ready when you get the call for your bike.
    toys:
    89 250r, fmf pipe, new stock plastic all around, k&n filter, 39mm keihin carb, ohlin's, etc.
    04 450r, HRC kit, razr's, Dr. D exhaust, tusk nerfs, k&n filter
    08 wr250x, Traded
    02 CBR954RR

Lightbulb

I kinda had the same question only different. Mine was.......wait for it............ Will some dealers sell it with the kit already installed?? I know Alba action sports will have some goodies on it so i'll probably drive the extra distance to get one there.
    06 Raptor 700R
    06 Kawi VForce 700
    05 Suzuki LTZ400

ok another question::

will a person be able to get the 4 year extended warrenty when they get the hrc kit,,, because i know u can get one with out it but if u get the hrc kit is it going to void the warrenty...

so are they a paradox between getting the extended warrenty for a quad that just come out.... an still maybe many bugs to work out .... or can u have the best of both worlds or do u have to choose between one or the other

The dealership I buy from uses a warranty from a different company, so I would think that you could get one.
    toys:
    89 250r, fmf pipe, new stock plastic all around, k&n filter, 39mm keihin carb, ohlin's, etc.
    04 450r, HRC kit, razr's, Dr. D exhaust, tusk nerfs, k&n filter
    08 wr250x, Traded
    02 CBR954RR

kits--

my dealer told me that they are only getting as many kits as they are quads, so i told them i want the kit installed when i pick it up, they said no problem. as for the warranty that is a good question i will have to ask about it
    -------------------------------------------
    2004 Honda TRX450R - HRC Kit
    2001 Chevy Silverado Z71 OffRoad
    2005 Chevy Avalanche Z71 Offroad
    2001 Harley-Davidson Fatboy
    2005 Rottweiler
    1984 Chevy Camaro Z28

How much is the HRC kit? $300? Why not save some dough and just get a CRF cam, and take off your airbox lid when you get a K&N. Then pop out the spark arrestor and jet it as you would have to do anyway? Save 'bout $200, that can go towards an axle or something. Someone who has ridden one with and without the kit said there was little or no difference, and certainly not worth 300 bones.

i have heard different. i heard that the hrc kit makes a big difference. they said the kit really wakes the quad up. i bought one for 255. my dealer gave me 15% off (well i did spend almost 7 grand with him). i am going to let a shop hear in town install it because i was told that they honda place where i am buying it has only one guy that knows what he is doing and i trust the other guy better. the labor will be about the same price (i believe). i want someone who knows what they are doing to install my cam shaft and jets.
    2004 Honda 450R: Decked Out!

AIM Handle: MyHonda450R

Yahoo Handle: bigz_71

In the new reviews it says the kit makes 13% more power. It said it made it go from 42HP to 48HP (probably measured at the crank). I think that it is worth it for sure, 300 hundred is nothing when you just paid almost 7 grand for the quad. And I bet the dealers can add the cost of the kit and installation into the finance cost! Thats what i'll do, I have a buddy at the dealership!

i hope that my dealer will just install it before the purchase, not that i couldn't do it but i am willing to pay for it, and hope it shouldn't void the warrenty since it had by Honda

but i hope that Sparks takes the CRF 450 pipe and just puts atv mount on the X6 ceramic, that would be sweet

or just go for the Advertised HMF above

Jayson
    "Trash talking stops, when the hammer drops"

'04 450R
    '05 FX4 Ranger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast