Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A possible solution to eliminating the "flamers" and "trolls" from this site...

A possible solution to eliminating the "flamers" and "trolls" from this site...

Leo & Mod's.....

I think I might have a solution that would help clear up this site big time. One of the large "Diesel engine" forums had a problem with people jumping on there and just posting "Ford is better than Dodge....Dodge is better than GM....GM is better than Ford...etc.....just flat out flame starters". What this site did was setup a one time charge to post on this site. In a matter of weeks, the site was completely cleared up with informative posts.

I feel that a very small one time charge on this site would be the solution. Even a small charge such as $3-5 (heck, make it $8 and give out an EXRiders sticker with the subscription) would eliminate those trouble makers...they wont bother sending in $$$ just to troll around. If they do, by paying the $$$ they are agreeing to the site rules 100%. I know this might be a pain in the arse to setup, but I honestly think it would help the forums and it would help out with the cost of the site.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions to add, please reply....

Eric
    Eric

- '00 400EX
    ...with some stuff.

I'd pay, especially if I get a sticker. Anyone that's ever been to beaterz.com knows that sticker=performance and yellow=performance.

Seriously, I don't think a one time fee is a problem. It would help offset a little of the cost for Leo. Kinda like the Leo Christmas fund idea...

Now I just have to figure out if I'm a troll.... I'm pretty sure I'm not a flamer, but I'm not sure about this troll thing... Although my wife has referred to me as a flaming ********* before... But I don't think she meant it...
    Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue.

The United States of America. We build better bombs. (Free delivery available upon request)

I agree, I would definately pay a fee to be on this site.
    06 LTR450

Thumbs down

Thats a good idea but cheap people like me I dont think would wanna pay. And actually there arent many flamers that are on here and if they cause to much trouble the Mods take care of it. Its an ok idea but how many people would EXRiders lose to it? The needs of the many out-weigh the needs of the few, or the one. :devil Just my .02 cents.
    2000 Honda 416EX - Sold

1988 Chevrolet Silverado
    5.7L V8 SCSB
    Too much to list and still too much to do.

2002 Stingray 180LS
    3.0L Mercruiser 135 w/ AlphaOne Outdrive

why can't leo just ban these people once they start flaming.
    -2001 300ex-
    -1999 400ex-

Because it would be a hassle.
    2000 Roll/Laeger's/Houser/Axis 416ex

2001 Arens/Laeger's/PEP 250r

Thanks to my sponsors for 2003 : 00-Buck ATV Racing, Team Pompton, Nebulae Race Team, Milton Inn Packaged Goods, Napa Auto Parts of Oak Ridge, Sick Style Racing, WD-40, Hinson Racing, IMS, Sport Center Racing, and Nac's racing

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports for all there help and support they gave me.

We are now accepting resumes, this is a New Jersey based team. westsyder50@hotmail.com
    http://www.geocities.com/sickstyleatv/index.html

Team Rcokford Fosgate 401+ northeast champ 147.7db

it sounds like a good idea. I am sure your diesel engine forum if full of mostly adults anyway. They have no problem shelling out an 8.00 check.

this forum however has many kids.........they don't have checking accounts or credit cards to pay the 8.00

this would eliminate many of the younger members......and keeping the younger members well informed is important to the growth of the sport.

personally, I would pay...........but I might have never joined if the fee had been there in the beginning, out of pure ignorance.
    JMHO
    In memory of Christopher (Chrissy) Riley Andrews / 1-24-02 to 1-23-06
    we love you Chrissy

Good point. I've never paid to join any other site, and if it were my first time coming to this one I would just click "back" again. Hadn't thought of it that way...
    Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue.

The United States of America. We build better bombs. (Free delivery available upon request)

very good points. Well, now that I take a step back and look at everything....all and all, the site is doing pretty good on "those" kind of problems. Oh well, it was just an idea.

Eric
    Eric

- '00 400EX
    ...with some stuff.

Originally posted by VWVR6
    very good points. Well, now that I take a step back and look at everything....all and all, the site is doing pretty good on "those" kind of problems. Oh well, it was just an idea.

Eric
    cmon.........tell the truth.........leo hired you & promised to pay you 25% of all of the cash you could squeeze out of us poor folks
    In memory of Christopher (Chrissy) Riley Andrews / 1-24-02 to 1-23-06
    we love you Chrissy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast