Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lights?

Lights?

Do the trx450r lights work similar to the Yamaha Blaster? Do they turn off when the engine is off? Are they only bright at high RPM?
    Paul

Since you don't have a battery if the motor is off there is nothing to make power so yeah they will turn off.
    ECPerformance 450R

E-mail: trx500ex@hotmail.com

Originally posted by 44oEX
    Since you don't have a battery if the motor is off there is nothing to make power so yeah they will turn off.
    I guess thats ok cause on any quad with a battery if you left the light on it would run out of battery.
    Paul

i got another sorta different question about the lights...

is the front ones halogen i would expect them to be... and if they are how many watts are they,,

and about the back one are those led lights... are they like the ones that is basically a bunch of little bulbs to make one light.... question might sound dumb but i would really like to know..

thanks

I don't know about the headlights but the LED Tail light means that there are several bulbs that glow at the same time. Its brighter and if one bulb fails, you can still see it. It keeps the tail light from failing. Not exactly a top priority on a race quad if you ask me. I don't understand why they are making a big deal out of it.
    2005 450R

thanks for the info about the led lights i was just wandering thats what i thought they was....i bet they will look real cool but very expensive if they break i would say... an i will prolly breal mine cause of my luck ... but anyway thanks

Yea, same goes for the Kawasaki Mojave... the higher the RPM the brighter the light.
    Ultra fast stock 250EX!!! j/k

1992 Pontiac Firebird

I'm a tar heel born I'm a tar heel bred, and when I die I'm a tar heel dead!! Go Heels!!

AIM: Fbirdheelsfan1

Q: How many NC State fans does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: 3. 1 to change it and 2 to talk about how they did it as well as anybody in Chapel Hill.

Listen to Led Zeppelin. Right now. Go.

Nah, i'm thinking the Honda engineers made use of a output regulator for the lheadlights, making their brightness independant of engine RPM. They may pulse a little with throttle stabs, but I doubt they will noticeably dim.
    2004 TRX450R - HRC, AC F.Bumper, db Eliminator 2+2, G-Force F/W Spacers.

this is way off the wall and really not an important thing but i was wondering if you think they make any blue bulbs for the lights, like the cars lights. i just think it would be cool to have a pair in their, even though i dont ride much at night. i guess it would just be neat. thats all for now.
    2004 Honda 450R: Decked Out!

AIM Handle: MyHonda450R

Yahoo Handle: bigz_71

They do make the super white bulbs for the quads not sure who has them though. Saw them in a magazine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast