Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jetting comparison on your 440

jetting comparison on your 440

Im getting a new hmf for my 440 11:1 hot cam stg 2 k&n filter ex and im looking around to see what other 440 owners are running for jetting.Keep in mind that i am at 0ft elevation.

what temp are you riding in? an air box lid or not?
    i don't have a 440, but with my 406 with stage 2 cam, full pipe etc. i run a 162 main in the colder months and a 158 in the hotter months. for the months inbetween, i use the 160. also, i use keihin jets. i run a 45 pilot. fuel skrew position depends on temp. the needle is mostly in the 4th position, but temp plays a big role here too.
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."

right now the temp is usually between 30-50. Most of tyhe time i run without a lid. To me, a 162 seems WAY lean because i am running a 170 dj now with a gutted stock exhaust and it has lean pop on decel if i have my air box cover off.

Go with a 165 main, one clip down on the needle, 42 pilot, and 2.5 turns out on the air screw. Should be pretty close to perfect. Good luck.
    2001 416EX
    Yeah, it's tuned.

i am not too familiar with dynojets, but i think a 170 is too big. your popping on deceleration is because your lean on your fuel skrew or needle more than likely. take your bike out in night and see if your headers glow. see if they glow at idle, between 1/8 and 3/4 throttle, or at full throttle. are you using a dynojet needle right now?
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

yes. i am currently using a d/j needle on i believe the third notch.
    I am 3.5 turns out on my fuel mix screw

Dynojets use higher numbers than regular Keihin mainjets. I don't know by how much but their not the same.

yes aceman, i am familiar with the difference between mikuni and d/j. If i am correct, mikuni goes by size, while d/j goes by flow rate, although, it might be the other way around.

our stock carbs are keihin, not mikuni. not that it matters though.
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

yeah..i know, but how often do you buy a keihin jet? lol..anyway, what do you guys suggest i do to get this thing runnin right

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast