Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***questions on installing air filter***

Question ***questions on installing air filter***

i just got my k&n i ordered, does the air filter hole go inside or outside of the intake whole because the diameter is the same size and if you put it inside and put the clamp around it it easily pops off, and its not big enough to go on the outside. is it suppose to come off so easily??? and my outerwear isnt very tight around my airfilter??? hard to explain but if you understand, answer
    99 400ex:fmf megamaxx, itp holeshots, k&N pro flow powerkit, dg nerfs, white bros bumper, 909 bars, dg skidplate, renthal front & back sproket, renthal r3 chain, n~style black seatcover

97" kawasaki 750 jet ski

It goes over top.
    If you dont ride an R, Why Bother Riding at All?

SS265R
    LRD LSR JB ELKA X-FACTOR TAG RAD SUNSTAR FIBE

I want to give a BIG thank you to Quadpro for all their help in helping me get my R rolling

1988 Toyota 4Runner, 5spd w/ 33x12.5's
    1989 Chevy s10 w/ v8 Conversion, slammed and all the goodies.

that thing isnt goin over top theres no way its to small, btw its a k&n pro flow air filter i think it'll be aight goin inside it seems to stay better if you loosen the clamp. another thing is the spark arrestor wont fit in the k&n either its to big, do i have to have that
    99 400ex:fmf megamaxx, itp holeshots, k&N pro flow powerkit, dg nerfs, white bros bumper, 909 bars, dg skidplate, renthal front & back sproket, renthal r3 chain, n~style black seatcover

97" kawasaki 750 jet ski

it goes around the hole. u got the wrong size maby
    MaTT
    300ex
    white 400ex maier/coustom lengthed works /250R arms painted black,20 inch kenda KlAws, hmf slip on, uni air filter, ac nerfs, renthal fat bars, kenda front mxs , pro design kill switch, coustom skidplates >>> engine work or a new quad
    >xR- 50-joker bar kit, k&n, FmF POWer cORE 2 WElded on to strock header >PINEY POWER
    aim- mx300exshift

it sais on the receipt from rocky mountain atv that it goes on a 400ex, since its a pro flow k&n intake not a regular do i have to buy a baseplate or something,

97" kawasaki 750 jet ski

Originally posted by 4wheelboy
    it goes around the hole. u got the wrong size maby
    wrong!

on a 400ex the K&N air filter goes inside the intake tube, and the clamp goes over the intake tube

i dont see how the filter can pop off with the clamp on it???
    2005 ATVriders Builder of the Year!!

#47 NEATV - Pro & Pro Am
    BCS Performance - Walsh Race Craft - SF Racing - Scott - Flexx - ASV Inventions - Maxima - Oneal - Regina - RPM - Hiper - AC

ohh you got the proflow....hmm

well the regular goes inside

what does the proflow filter look like? foam? metal?

#47 NEATV - Pro & Pro Am
    BCS Performance - Walsh Race Craft - SF Racing - Scott - Flexx - ASV Inventions - Maxima - Oneal - Regina - RPM - Hiper - AC

well I was just thinking it would be like stock. I just guessed off the top of my head. I thought it was a pretty common sense thing.
    If you dont ride an R, Why Bother Riding at All?

SS265R
    LRD LSR JB ELKA X-FACTOR TAG RAD SUNSTAR FIBE

I want to give a BIG thank you to Quadpro for all their help in helping me get my R rolling

1988 Toyota 4Runner, 5spd w/ 33x12.5's
    1989 Chevy s10 w/ v8 Conversion, slammed and all the goodies.

yea i know what your saying, the standard filter really seems to fit on nice with the prefilter and everything

what made you decide on the proflow? whats the differences?

#47 NEATV - Pro & Pro Am

for the pro flow you're supposed to buy a new intake thinger also, where the air filter clamps onto.
    Neal C. Tody - ntadej@hotmail.com
    -2005 SE Yamaha YFZ450 - Pro Design Pro-Flow Intake, Renthal YFZ Bend Handlebars, AC Bumper, AC Nerfs, Holeshot MX 20" fronts and 18" rears, +2 Burgard Standard A-arms, +4 G-Force Axle, front shocks with the DeRisi Racing Pro Millenium Kit valved for MX (Would never recommend to anyone).
    -2000 Banshee - Found. Damn meth heads even destroyed my brand new engine. They've still got my HiPers too, SOB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast