Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TRX vs. YFZ

Question TRX vs. YFZ

So the question at hand is which is better and none of this carb crap just straight up which is better.

Nobody can say untill the trx comes out. The only people that have ridden the trx and yfx arnt saying too much...
    Paul

they are probably not allowed to say too much. i dont know why honda want give dirt wheels are something like a ride so that we will know the pros and cons. i am looking to put my down payment down on one in the next week or so. i will have by thanksgiving, i mean i will have my money down for one. i am hoping to get one of the first one in this area.
    2004 Honda 450R: Decked Out!

AIM Handle: MyHonda450R

Yahoo Handle: bigz_71

The YFZ is probably going to be a little better in the power department but everywhere else they are going to be about the same.
    2000 Honda 400EX
    2002 Yamaha Raptor
    2004 Yamaha YFZ450
    2006 Suzuki Quadsport 50

Why would you want to wait till dirt wheels tests the bikes?? Their comparisons are worthless. Dont trust what they say. I siad this once. The only decent comparison is going to be by you yourself, or someone you know that is not going to be biased.

If a person favors one quad over the other before they test them he will pick apart the other quad and ignore any defects in the one he likes.

What i want is people testing them on a track. I want times.
    04 TRX450R- Curtis Sparks exh. and air filter kit.

95 kx125

There are 2 ride reviews on the internet from the Honda demo that they just had down in Texas to reveal the quad to the press. In one of them, the press guy had spent several days riding the YFZ before going down there to ride the 450R. He said in his article that he thought the 450R was stronger in stock form (whatever that means), and that according to Honda, the 450R has 42HP (at wheels or crank?)...with the HRC kit bumping it up to 48HP.

I'm sure Dirtwheels and ATVSport was there too, but we wont see their writeups until the Jan04 editions of their mags come out. I'm sure all the pics will be the same, and most of the comments will be the same....no TRUE comparisons, just seat of the pants feel.

If you read Dirtwheels initial ride report of the 400EX, it was a stellar review...even though we all know how underpowered it really is compared to other 400cc quads.
    2004 TRX450R - HRC, AC F.Bumper, db Eliminator 2+2, G-Force F/W Spacers.

I agree, Dirtwheeels reviews are worhtless. Whatever the new quad is they say it is the best. They thought the Kawasaki V-Force was going to be the next big thing. The fact is that these two engines when un-corked and moded are going to have about the same amount of power with a slight edge going to the Yamaha. It's a known fact in the motocross world that the Yamaha four strokes hit a little harder than Hondas. It shouldn't come as a surprise, Yamaha has had four extra years of development.
    2000 Honda 400EX
    2002 Yamaha Raptor
    2004 Yamaha YFZ450
    2006 Suzuki Quadsport 50

I own both and my 400ex is faster than both of them.....

Originally posted by Rico
    I own both and my 400ex is faster than both of them.....

...I smell some chit, and it aint coming from that smilie...
    Eric

- '00 400EX
    ...with some stuff.

Originally posted by ATC83
    I agree, Dirtwheeels reviews are worhtless. Whatever the new quad is they say it is the best. They thought the Kawasaki V-Force was going to be the next big thing. The fact is that these two engines when un-corked and moded are going to have about the same amount of power with a slight edge going to the Yamaha. It's a known fact in the motocross world that the Yamaha four strokes hit a little harder than Hondas. It shouldn't come as a surprise, Yamaha has had four extra years of development.

im sure that is why the CRF450 is faster.
    04 TRX450R- Curtis Sparks exh. and air filter kit.

95 kx125

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast