Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HRC CAM MOD or NOT?

Cool HRC CAM MOD or NOT?

Everyone,

Just wondering if it would be smart to order the HRC CAM Mod with my new R or would it be smarter to wait for an aftermarket replacement. I'm not sure if it will be price competitive or as good as aftermarket. Please throw in suggestions for manufacturers. Also, if I should wait what shop in So. Cal would be good enough to work on my new Baby. Thanks for your input
    MySpace:

http://www.myspace.com/danadaniels

my dealer is throwing it in for free so im geting it lol
    04 blue yfz450 #8

hmf full exhaust, ac nerfs, pro design kill switch, air box lid off, uni air filter

02 yellow 400ex #8

wb e-series exhust, pro armor nerfs, uni, pro design kill switch, air box lid off

Originally posted by linkcmd88
    my dealer is throwing it in for free so im geting it lol
    If I could get it thrown in for free I wouldn't think twice about getting it. We'll see, I haven't found a dealer I want to do business with yet.
    MySpace:

hey link,
    how much are you paying for the R and where?
    2004 Honda 450R: Decked Out!

AIM Handle: MyHonda450R

Yahoo Handle: bigz_71

man how are all these guys getting such good deals

im paying 6499 but would have the kits any way so take off $400 im geting it from honda sport topeka ks
    04 blue yfz450 #8

hmf full exhaust, ac nerfs, pro design kill switch, air box lid off, uni air filter

02 yellow 400ex #8

wb e-series exhust, pro armor nerfs, uni, pro design kill switch, air box lid off

Im thinking about it just because it will be under warrantee. That and im not going to have much money to go out and buy exhaust and what not for a while after i get it. 300$ for jsut a cam, jets, exhaust tip, and a air box lid seems steep.
    04 TRX450R- Curtis Sparks exh. and air filter kit.

95 kx125

My dealer said the HRC kit voids the warranty.

That seems odd, but you might want to check it out for yourself.

that does seem odd since honda is putting it on and offering it. i want the wattenty since this is the first year on the motor. i want to know if will hold up to my riding (well i like to ride hard). i was reading the article on here and they saw something like remove the spark arrestor. your telling me for 300$ they are not even giving you a new exhaust. i would hope they at least give you a more restricted exhaust than just removing the spark arrestor. the air box lid is a cool thing but its still not worth 300$ and the cam shaft. i think i might just stick with aftermarket items.
    2004 Honda 450R: Decked Out!

AIM Handle: MyHonda450R

Yahoo Handle: bigz_71

Originally posted by bigz-71
    that does seem odd since honda is putting it on and offering it. i want the wattenty since this is the first year on the motor. i want to know if will hold up to my riding (well i like to ride hard). i was reading the article on here and they saw something like remove the spark arrestor. your telling me for 300$ they are not even giving you a new exhaust. i would hope they at least give you a more restricted exhaust than just removing the spark arrestor. the air box lid is a cool thing but its still not worth 300$ and the cam shaft. i think i might just stick with aftermarket items.
    I'm going to have to agree with big-z. It seems a little expensive for what your getting. Your going to get jets if you by a new K&N or something like it anyway and I if there's no warrenty with it installed whats the point. I'm thinking I'll probably wait for aftermarket unless someone can give me a good reason otherwise.
    MySpace:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast