Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wheelies

Wheelies

I have a 250ex and I can aride wheelies pretty good but i can't change gears ive been tryin to but i cant ne one have ne tips
    2001 250ex
    DG Nerf Bars
    Answer Bark Busters

Hopefully a 400ex soon

you can try it without using the clutch just go back to far on purpose and then let off the throttle and shift with out pulling in the clutch. When you let off the throttle the engine compression starts to bring it back down. Thats the way I do it at least.
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

Sorry nausty but your wrong on this one. Fox has a 250EX that has an auto clutch and they are a pain because the lever has to go up twice as much as a 400 to shift. To shift fast enough on your quad to keep a wheelie is going to be hard, but get the front end up and shift as fast as you can. Thats all I can tell you.

keep your foot under the shifter and make sure your at the balance point when u shift

Originally posted by my400ex
    Sorry nausty but your wrong on this one. Fox has a 250EX that has an auto clutch and they are a pain because the lever has to go up twice as much as a 400 to shift. To shift fast enough on your quad to keep a wheelie is going to be hard, but get the front end up and shift as fast as you can. Thats all I can tell you.
    sorry I just assumed he had a 250x cuz of his name.
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

make sure your at the balance point, let off the gas and shift as fast as you can.
    1985 LT250R < stolen!
    2002 400EX

i actualy have no problem shifting i get all the way into fourth and i never tried to go for fith because i have no room. basically all i can tell u is keep tryng and ul eventualy get it
    Sweet 250ex

wheelie shift

My friend Dominique has shifted while doin wheelies on my 250ex and he dumped it backwards. It was Halarious(*SPELLING?)
    Adam Gerweck #259

---------2K4 450R---------
    | Rossier | HC1 | Kenda | UNI | Tag | Pro Design | FX |
    | PowerMadd | MSR | Trail Tech | Engine Ice | AC | Tusk |

----->My Lifted '01 Screw! <-----

In my opinion the 250EX is the EASIEST quad to ride a wheelie on. I ride my wifes through all gears as far as there is land. I can sit, stand up on the grab bar, put my legs on the handlebars or just about anything else. Just dont be afraid. If you go too far the grab bar will keep you from flipping over, unless your in 4th or 5th gear!!
    Speed is 95% rider and 5% bike, better make that 5% count!

2000 TC 505EX Complete TC Motor and everything else you can imagine and more!!

Wheelies are cake

I agree with most of the other guys in that you should try to get the machine as far back on the balance point as you can and then ease of the throttle and shift keeping the machine on the balance point. There are places where I have ridden wheelies into fith gear, but be careful cause falling off at that speed hurts a tad. I would try not shifting out of 2nd or 3rd until you learn where the balance point is and the only way to do that is to stand the machine straight up, but dont worry, the back brake will set you down.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast