Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Our 7' kicker ramp

Our 7' kicker ramp

7' high, 6' wide, and 20' long

we're gonna bolt the two halves together once we get it to the track
    2005 ATVriders Builder of the Year!!

#47 NEATV - Pro & Pro Am
    BCS Performance - Walsh Race Craft - SF Racing - Scott - Flexx - ASV Inventions - Maxima - Oneal - Regina - RPM - Hiper - AC

Hells yea man, this thing is gonna be sweet. It has taken me and a friend about 4 weeks so far to build it. Just about 45 minutes a day. He is cuttin all the metal and im weldin her all together. Really good experience, plus im gettin pretty good at weldin...best in 3 years or so says my shop teacher
    04 YFZ 450
    Walsh/ELKA/RPM/Sparks

yea creamercrank youll be flyin high
    Townes MXcavating

that is sick

that is suck a sick looking jump...if you decide to sell it, let me know...i would absolutely love to buy it off of you!!!
    how much did it cost for materials?
    trying to find places to ride near Ft. sill Oklahoma.

06 ltr450
    05 trx400ex
    and soon to come 08 yfz

Im guessin around 500+ for metal at least, i havent totaled it up yet. Also we are gonna need a shatloada plywood. At least 3-400 $ worth. I will discuss it with the friends, maybe it could be up for sale?!!?
    04 YFZ 450
    Walsh/ELKA/RPM/Sparks

Originally posted by JACZ400
    Im guessin around 500+ for metal at least, i havent totaled it up yet. Also we are gonna need a shatloada plywood. At least 3-400 $ worth. I will discuss it with the friends, maybe it could be up for sale?!!?
    screw you we're keepin this one ...you should really build one and sell it tho, could make some money

#47 NEATV - Pro & Pro Am
    BCS Performance - Walsh Race Craft - SF Racing - Scott - Flexx - ASV Inventions - Maxima - Oneal - Regina - RPM - Hiper - AC

finally somebody on here builds a nice ramp again!! been seein too many crappy ones latley. nice work!
    1985 LT250R < stolen!
    2002 400EX

thats very nice work... however its in entirely too uniform. all your pieces line up with eachother and theres no corner or X bracing. i bet i could grab that and flex it from side to side with my bare hands,. i would remove those two horizontal pieces in the back and put an X in there.. wouldnt hurt to put one in the front either.
    http://alloyindustries.com

also, to save weight.. you could eliminate most if not all of those cross suports on the bottom rails... those really arent needed at all. maybe keep one in the middle or something if ya want for added strength if your paranoid. why lug around all that extra weight if ya dont have to right ?

and 3-400 hundred for plywood ?? man .. im anti ply wood to begin with and if it costs you that much SCREW THE PLYWOOD.. sheet metal is a thousand times better. not only does it add strength to the structure of the ramp but it looks better and lasts longer and ALOT less hassle. because then you put epanded on it and you get superior traction and you never have to touch any of it again.

also back to the X bracing.. im building a landing ramp now.. the thing weights several tons and before i put X bracing in it i could grab it and flex it and shake it and i could stand back and watch it vibrate for about a minute.. i put angles and X"s in it and it stopped it like a rock. an X makes triangles and triangles are the strongest shape there is.. corners are good but they only make 2 triangles, X's make 4 all pushing on eachother... but either one works.. you look at any structure, houses, buildings, towers.. they all have X's , cuz X"s kick *** .

that 6 ft wide rev 3 i just built was FULLY welded with 14 and 11 awg steel and i could flex it with my bare hands, i put one angled piece in it and it stopped it dead... then i added 8 more pieces to make it bulletproof. that thing will last forever. ( as long as they keep it painted well )

need any help dont hesitate to ask me, im glad to help at any time
    http://alloyindustries.com

what are you the hulk?

lol j/k with ya, a cross or two wouldn't be a bad idea, but we were jumpin on it and it wasn't movin at all so i dont think you could move it with your hands

whats this expanded stuff for the sheet metal? is it like a grippy compound or somethin?

#47 NEATV - Pro & Pro Am

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast