Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: everyone read this

everyone read this

Allright...
    I heard a nasty rumor saturday that honda will only be making a limited number of R's. I have heard this from two different people 1 The owner of a dealership. 2 A personal friend of a Honda sponsered dirtbike rider who has been with honda for a number of years now. The part that I dont like is the reason they said honda is making this a "limited edition" is because they cant get enough power out of the motor so they are using this to cover thier a** untill they can design a new bike. I have a deposit on the Honda but I am considering the yfz now because of this. I am serious about this, this came from someone who has been with Honda for a long time and who works directly with honde people. So I hope I am wrong and I probably am but does anyone know anything about this
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????

Take the new quad for a test ride at the dealership before you decide to buy it.
    08 YFZ450- Pro- Amor Skid Plates/Nerfs, AC Bumper, Maxxis Razr II's, Cam Mod, Spark Arrestor Removed, Boyesen Quickshot plate, Uni Filter.
    96 Arctic Cat EXT580
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RPDXC

I know what you are saying, but if it's true I would like to go ahead and get the yfz. It's just hard to wait three more months if the better one is out right now, but I know no one knows for sure.

im starting to wonder there might be some truth to that, but i know my local dealer is getting 6, i might reserve one or buy a yfz

I'd be surprised if that's true, but winter is about upon us, so if you're unsure, you've waited this long, another couple months won't hurt. On the other hand, I know I've loved my YFZ, but I still plan to get a couple 450R's for my rental fleet next spring.
    '04 YFZ 450
    '04 TRX 450R - SOLD
    '03 KFX 400 - SOLD
    www.motorsportsofutah.com

Hey woody, what would you get for a rental fee on something like that? The few places around here that rent quads won't rent sport quads. A local guy i know that rents quads has 36 rental units and he says he wouldn't rent sport quads because everybody seems to wreck the eiger 400's, Kaw 360's and the Bom quests that he rents now!!
    08 Raptor 700

It's true, Honda is only making a limited number of them. I think they put the cap somewhere around 475,000 units

I wouldn't be suprised if it is true. I think Honda rushed this bikes release date because of the Yamaha YFZ450. I also think that the high performance race ready nature of the Yamaha shocked Honda as well as the race inspired ergonomics. I wont be suprised to see major changes to the engine on the 2005 model to get it up to the performance of the YFZ. I was going to put a deposite down on the TRX but I'm going to wait until at least the 2005 model to see if they will make the machine more competitive by adding a FCR carb, high performance cam, high compression piston, TI valves, electric start and lower center of gravity.
    2000 Honda 400EX
    2002 Yamaha Raptor
    2004 Yamaha YFZ450
    2006 Suzuki Quadsport 50

Originally posted by Ryan
    Take the new quad for a test ride at the dealership before you decide to buy it.
    A good friend of mine bought one of the first 1999 400EX's around here. They wouldn't even put oil and gas in it until he signed on the dotted line. Worked out good, he still has it! I don't know if it will be the same on the 450 or not. Just thinking out loud.

Later,
    Tim
    2001 400EX, Yellow, Baha Front Bumper, Full Skid, Desert Grab Bar, Holeshot XCR's, XC Front, Renthal Bars, Works Triple Rates, 11:1, Hot Cams Stage II

when i got my 400 i didnt know anything about quads , i sat on one, looked at some magazine tests and ads and something told me i should get it, must say it worked out good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast