Thread: what kind of motor for 250r should i do?

what kind of motor for 250r should i do?

I'm posting this for a friend he is curouis how big of cc motor he should for mx or if he should do a 265cc power vavled motor or something along those lines

Thanks
    John

If he's got the money....265PV all the way. There are several good ones out there.

If he wants to spend a little less, he could build a 265 spacer plate and get the cylinder nikasil plated for quite a bit less than a powervalve kit
    www.hellboundracing.com

2000 440ex

Laeger's, Lonestar, Hinson, TC Racing, CT Racing, Pingry's, RPM, Ohlins, TAG Metals, AC Racing

....thanks to Mike @ Hellbound, AC Racing, RRP, and Scott Powersports

Who makes the best power vavle for the cost

Thanks
    john

i have a lrd 265 powervalve and the thing moves out, i love it.if your racing the nationals or something like that then a 265pv is the way other wise, if you have the cash i would consider a 310pv or a 330pv
    Mx bike: '05 Walsh CRF450
    Xc bike: '06 TRX 450ER

Sponsors:
    Pompton Honda, Fly Racing, Laeger's Racing, Smith Optics, GT Thunder, Renthal, Regina Chains, SixSixOne, Cardio Stack, IMS Products, Twin Air, SunStar, Cycra, Amsoil and L.A. Sleeve
    Race Photos:
    http://www.LouRusso.SmugMug.com

Re: what kind of motor for 250r should i do?

Originally posted by Trx450rr
    I'm posting this for a friend he is curouis how big of cc motor he should for mx or if he should do a 265cc power vavled motor or something along those lines

Thanks
    John
    What class is he running? Unfortunately the tides are turning in favor of the 4 strokes in MX racing thanks to their double the cc handicap
    If he's running open he can build a pretty ballistic 2 stroke.
    '86 trx350r- fully custom, more than you can imagine
    For Sale or trade for 600+cc street bike:
    "Casper": '86 Suzuki LT250R, 600cc Kawasaki ninja 4 cyl motor-12,000rpm screamer
    '98 Banshee 370- extremely ported by Packard/Ripps

He races B class he's pretty much a weekend warrior but it never hurt anybody to build a little bit bigger than is allowed=)

Thanks
    john

Originally posted by Trx450rr
    He races B class he's pretty much a weekend warrior but it never hurt anybody to build a little bit bigger than is allowed=)

Thanks
    john
    Well, the problem is the boring limit on a 87-89 cylinder is .080 which is 265cc. If you go to a bigger cylinder like Niks or Pro-X it's pretty ovbious it's over the 265cc class limit.
    If he doesn't care about classes, the sky (and your wallet) is the limit.
    '86 trx350r- fully custom, more than you can imagine
    For Sale or trade for 600+cc street bike:
    "Casper": '86 Suzuki LT250R, 600cc Kawasaki ninja 4 cyl motor-12,000rpm screamer
    '98 Banshee 370- extremely ported by Packard/Ripps