Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trx450R worth getting?

trx450R worth getting?

hi, i'm new on here, and i currently have a 400ex 03 model, and its pretty nice for what i do (trail riding and going on some home made tracks) would the 450 be only for racing , i don't know how to explain it, i know it can do what i do, but the 400ex has plenty of power, but is the trx450r a good trail quad? like the 400ex, or is it better on the track?

thanks
    if your going to race, You might as well win,,,RIDE RED

Time will tell.Lets wait till we actually get some seat time on one first before this question is answered.
    Big B

well i say it is just as good as a trail bike because it is practicaly the exact same thing besides it is a 450 and it has rez.'s
    CFRacing

Hunter Haswell #20

Aston Haswell #22

Of course it will be! But it's what ever you think is best, for me, the 450r is the best.
    Loosy Goosy

alright thanks, and the trx450r is 4 stroke right?
    if your going to race, You might as well win,,,RIDE RED

:confused2
    Big B

Since the 450 has no electric starter, I'd say it is a purpose built race quad. Will it lug down low like the 400EX? we'll have to wait for some real testimonials on that.

It's four stroke, and with the kick starter.... oh well lol, its got the decompression stage, and if you have ever turned over a crf450 then you know how easy these engines are to thump, its like an electric start with your foot
    Loosy Goosy

And as for it sitting low, course it will. I mean look at that suspension, the rezzies even. Wont sit as low as aftermarket ssds and stuff like that , but it will be pretty low. And its good that it sits low so you can get a better center of gravity on the bike and be able to slide that *** all around.
    Loosy Goosy

The specs on the 450R show that the seat height is taller than the 400EX, but it is an inch wider and if the 400EX has got plenty of power for you, then I would stick with the 400. They're great proven bikes.
    '04 YFZ 450
    '04 TRX 450R - SOLD
    '03 KFX 400 - SOLD
    www.motorsportsofutah.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast