Thread: Will i have to wait tell i'm 16 to race

Will i have to wait tell i'm 16 to race

A little over a year and 11 day I will be sixteen but I don't wanna wait that long tell I race. I really think these age limits are stupid because I could race my cr125 but I can't race my 400ex tell i'm sixteen. Do you guys think that I will be able to race motorcross until then? If not can you guys tell me about differant types of races to look into and how I could go about finding out about them and where they are?
    Last edited by Nausty; 02-06-2002 at 05:27 PM.
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)
    look for outlaw races they are around here at peoples tracks all the time... its not ama and anyone can race... its usually on a saturday or sumtin... i know my friends are gonna mayb have them this year if we do i will tell yinz... mayb a few people can come...
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

or just say your 16...worked for everyone around here.... heck the track guy i talked to said i didnt need to be 16 to race a quad, and the track is ama sanctioned

Around here it really doesn't matter if it's ama or not. It really just depends on the people who put on the races but, you will still have to have your parents signature.I know a kid at my school who is 15 and has a bad@$$ banshee and he races all over the state.
    2001 Banshee
    Chrome Toomey t-5 kit, Raptor rear Radials, Fast trekker fronts,Renthal bars, AC bumper, AC grab bar, K&N air filter, Dynojet kit, T&T p.b. block off, Works dual rates w/ rezzies, UMI pro flow, and mad eye light covers and some more stuff.

An AMA sactioned race is the only race your gonna have problems with Nausty,,any other type of race you'll be fine.

ok thanks guys I guess i'm gonna be racing this summer I'll tell you guys how it goes. btw don't you guys find doritoes addicting? I can't put them down lol.
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

when i was gonna race my LT last year (when i was 15) they wouldn't let me race. the races started on the 19th and my birthday was on the 29th (then i would be 16) and they wouldn't let me race until i was 16 even tho i was only a few days away. but then i blew out my rear shock then it got stolen..so this year hopefully i'll be racin.
    1985 LT250R < stolen!
    2002 400EX

u can race. but u have to have your mom or dad sign for u.

Well her's some Tips for your 400ex if you start to race..

Recomended Mods:
    Reefer Racing-Water Bong Injecters
    Wong Dong Quaddrupal rate shocks with Resiviors
    Extra Capcity Blicker Fluid caup

that will make you fly.!
    2003 Cannodale Blaze: HDC Built 468 Falicon Stroker, JE 13:1 piston, portjob,PC Carbon Rad. Shrouds,Carbon Tank Cover, Carbon Headlight Deletes, LSR Axle, Houser +3 LT arms, TCS LT shocks, Ohlins w/ Elka Parts Rear, Holeshot XCR's and MXR4's, Z400 throttle, FMF Ti4 Anodized silencer, PRM Bumper and Grab bar

2003 Silverado 3500 D/A Ext. Cab LS AFE stg 2 Intake,Predator stacked w/ Edge Hot O.J., Magna Flow Str8 Piped,PUTCO Grille, SCC Ram-Air hood,Escalade Handles,Smoked cab/marker lights, Kicker Components, JL W6 12's, 1200W JBL amp,Eclipse Double Din Touchscreen, and many more to come