Thread: Rejeting for the winter

Hybrid View

Rejeting for the winter

I was just wondering if you should reject it for the cold temperatures during the winter because last year i had trouble starting it in the winter but it ran fine once it was started...does anyone know what i can do this year to fix this problem?

up the pilot jet to a 42.
    Jerry

Quadless again!!!!

anyone else?

Is it going to harm your engine if you don't rejet? It's only in the 50's here and Im having to fool around to start it. (NJ)

Speaking of cold starting - how much harder is it to start a big bore hi comp motor in the winter? My stocker didn't like to start last winter even with the choke on and this year I am going to be running a 10.5:1 425 with a bored stock carb with NO CHOKE. I am seriously worried about even getting it to start at all.

Originally posted by remlapr
    Speaking of cold starting - how much harder is it to start a big bore hi comp motor in the winter? My stocker didn't like to start last winter even with the choke on and this year I am going to be running a 10.5:1 425 with a bored stock carb with NO CHOKE. I am seriously worried about even getting it to start at all.
    Remplapr my man, no worries, as long as u live on a big hill just put her in neutral get goin about 15 20 mph drop the clutch and she will drift start fine
    If it has a motor, I ride it.