Thread: So no reverse......

So no reverse......

From my knowledge neither the trx450r or the yfz450 have reverse. To me that sucks, I'm not a diehard racer so i like reverse. To drop almost 7 grand and not even get reverse is pretty stupid. Thats why my next bike will be the kawi or suzuki. I know not as fast but at least everything was taken into consideration prior to production. I know the yammi and honda are great bikes (super fast, handle amazing, etc.) it just doesnt seem logical to not have a reverse gear on a quad I mean its not a dirtbike but i guess if you get the motor from one it means you cant have reverse or something. Well thats my 2 cents respond if I'm incorrect about anything.

I think these quads were desighned with the racer in mind for a change. There are a lot of options out there for someone that wants a trail or play around quad but until now you had to build a racer for yourself. I can see were you would be un happy with them but at least we a few race bred quads instead of trail quads made up as racers. Take into consideration all the 400ex,utility,Z400,Arctic cat,Raptor, and so on to only 3 Truly race bred quads Canondale,yfz 450 and the new trx450R. I say its about time!

still no reverse, what about all the harescramble racers? I'm still getting the Honda though.

they are only trying to save weight

I'm not saying they should come out with a reverse, I think you pussey boys need to start lifting weights.

I came from a Raptor and I thought I would miss reverse, but I race mx and ride dunes and I haven't needed it yet, except maybe to back it out of the shed. I would personally prefer the weight savings for mx. I don't know what to tell you on the harescrambles.
    '04 YFZ 450
    '04 TRX 450R - SOLD
    '03 KFX 400 - SOLD
    www.motorsportsofutah.com

If you are out of shape to the point where you cant push a quad backwards then you shouldnt be riding it. Same with the kick start. If you cant kick it over, its not for you. They built a quad made for racing. Its not a utility quad. Its not made for the daily trip with your family. If you dont like it then dont buy it. Go buy a z400 from Wallmart in whatever badging it might have. Maybe go with a 650 or 700. I love the fact that it doesnt have reverse or elec start. Ive missed kickstart so much since my 350x.
    04 TRX450R- Curtis Sparks exh. and air filter kit.

95 kx125

amen to that

Well, I am almost 40, ya I know getting old, but no way would I want reverse on a machine like this. I agree, if you are buying a 450R, either ride it in sucha fashion that you don't need reverse or get off and push or pull it around. . . no big deal.

I like the new 450 and will more than likely buy one sometime next year.
    05 King Quad (green with newer VIN)
    04 400ex (red)
    02 400ex (yellow)
    06 KFX400