Thread: Knocking on a 400ex-- Need help asap

Knocking on a 400ex-- Need help asap

I have a knocking noise coming from the motor ... I have already checked the valves and one of them was loose so it has been adjusted... I put everything back together this morning and I still have that knocking noise... I have a race on Wednesday and do not have time to take to a shop... does anyone else have any ideas on what could be the problem???

also I have a big bore kit installed in my engine would the valve adjustments be different due to changing the piston and having the motor bored??

think put my motor at 416cc and if the valve measurement is different, what should it be??

any information would be extremely appreciated

I think your running lean or another valve adjustment
    2001 400ex MXed

www.whatwouldyoudiefor.tk

long island hardcore ^

Sponsors 2004 - NACS RACING

My first impression is a bad rod bearing. Or could be a valve having a bad day.

Good luck, let us know what you find out.
    No matter what you ride, its all good.
    -------------------------

2000 440EX (Sold)
    --------------------------
    2003 Polaris Predator (Sold)

a valve out of adjustment is not going to nock it will tick. A knock is prolly your rod bearing taking a chit. You are going to have to pull it apart and check it.
    Jerry

Quadless again!!!!

well guys thanks for the information.... this girlie ended up taking it in to a shop...... when I had the high perf cam put in the first time the guy that installed it did not put in the correct rockers with it....sooo I had to replace the cam and the rockers....

if you live in Texas I definitely recommend Mark at Bullet Motorsports... even if not in the area I know that he has built wheelers from ground up and he does an awesome job and awesome work on any problems you may have.... he will stir u in the right directions

http://www.bullet-motorsports.com/
    903-612-4300

Chasity
    04' CFR50- pitbike
    04' YFZ450- Curtis Sparks exhaust, X-factor nerfs, kill switch (all I have done so far )
    www.quadgirls.com
    TQRA#303
    -------------------------------