Thread: 440 or 426???

440 or 426???

i am thinking of installing either a 440 or a 426 i am wanting horsepower and reliability i dont know which one is more reliable or has the most power so if anybody who has either of these kits could give me some advice on this it would be great...thanks

I've heard people with 440s say that the 426 might be faster after riding it!!! If i was to get one i would go with the 426.

my 426 is a beast. Thats all i can say. I know everyone says they run hot and all, but i ran it all day in 85 degree weather, and the oil never overheated.( i have an xr only gauge to tell)
    2003 yella 400ex
    Fully built TC 425ex, 11:1 piston, Carillo Rod, C&D racing flex steel gasket, TC Rev box, k&n filter, outerwears, renthal bars, Magura Hydraulic clutch w/ braided line, UM oil tank, no parking brake, tinner air scoops, sparks x-6 pipe, oversized studs, AC pro-peg nerfs,
    fcr 39mm carb, Duncan Racing Graphics Kit, razr's on all 4
    Elka triple ssd fronts and dual ssd rears, burgard bearing carrier, and a little oil temp gauge. Chrome Burgard a-arms, Red-vein PC job done by Pappy (you the man), PRM Underbody skidplate
    Thanks C&D Racing...my home away from home

BRING IT

426 man...

426 is the best revving motor out of the two.... be sure and do High comp. too....
    HONDA 440EX
    12.5:1 Wiseco
    Carrillo Rod
    FDO Heavy duty head studs
    1mm Over Black diamond intake valves
    Black Diamond valve springs/w Titanium retainers
    Port & Polished headwork
    HOTCAMS Stage 2
    High-Rev Box(unlimited)
    Yoshi Pipes
    Edlebrock Quicksilver Carb.
    K&N Filter
    LONESTAR +1 rear axle
    LONESTAR Dual row bearing carrier
    SeVen Racing Oversized Oil Tank/w vents

http://www.geocities.com/frogburner/darins.html

440!!!!

Bigger is better! My 440 runs like a champ. So far it has a season of abuse on it and it runs great.
    00 440EX
    01 CR125
    http://www.quadstop.com

Check it.

I like my 440, The shee's that I drag don't

I run an oversize oil tank and have had no problems with it running hot at all.
    I need to ride $@%! bad o-meter
    l1l2l3l4l5l6l7l8l9l10
    -----------------^----

01' 445EX
    86' 250R(for sale)
    Salem Honda/BMW/Ducati
    Countryside Fabrication

ELMO KNOWS WHERE YOU LIVE

well on www.fordmuscle.com we have a famous saying, "There's no replacement for displacement" so if you want every ounce you can get outa it, the bigger the bore the more the torque, torque, weight and gearing is just about everything in drag racing, so i'd go with the 440 as long as it's like 10.8:1 comp, that's the best for that size bore i think??? but if ya really wanna get wicked i'd set up with a 463 stroker, stroker motors are beautifull, and i'd be damned if you found any mildly modded raptors and banshees to beat you with a 463 stroker and a bigger carb, rpm range would be soo fast and high, it would be nuts, i can't wait to see what ya do, often most people don't stroke quads because of budget, but it's somethin to look into