Thread: Big Gun or Yoshimura?

Big Gun or Yoshimura?

hey,
    i was lookin at the Big Gun Quiet Series and the Yoshimura RS-3 slip-on for my 250ex. i need to know what u guys think of the power they give and how loud they are. i heard big gun is rly loud.
    Thanxs
    :devil Corey:devil

White Brothers

Big Gun all the way. It's loud, but it's bad. The only other pipe I'ld buy is a White Bros. E. I've seen dyno's where a built motor flows a little better with the white. Also buy the whole exhaust. Thats where the power is. :devil :blah :grr

Sorry got a little crazy there
    Mods: K&N, Jets (42 pilot 172 main and needle raised), No air box lid, TC Racing GNCC Cam, JE 425 11:1 piston, Big Gun full exhaust, PRM skids, Renthal Bars, DG alloy nerfs, Custom Grab Bar, 22x11" RAZOR 6 ply's, 20" Sand Skate 2s, 18x11" Tamers, Hoosiers and A whole can of Whoopass.

http://65.121.190.196/scott/index.html

FOR SALE! g/f's pregnant...... Wifes Pissed!

I think the Yosh is sweet looking, best lookin out there in my opinion. But if your looking for arm ripping low-end power go with the big gun. And a slip-on exhaust is ussually fine on a light to mildly modded engine. If I was gonna get one of the two I'd go with the Yosh, its a little more pricey but cool
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

I personally installed a Yoshimura on my daughters 2001 250ex. I have the yoshi on my 400 and love it. Its not overly loud, more of a deep low sound. I installed a K&N filter with outerwear with the air box lid still on. I am currently playing around with the jetting and will have a full report soon on my web site. The quality definitely goes to the yoshi. I think the power made is about the same on both pipes. Maybe the edge going to the big gun because it currently comes with a head pipe, but the difference is very miniscule.

Terry