Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what are expectations on the 450r compared to a built 440?

what are expectations on the 450r compared to a built 440?

just curious if in stock form it should be faster than a built 440,
    i know stock suspension should not compare if you have total aftermarket but still just curious

I think it will be close if the 440 is 12:1 or higher and has all the goodies. Anything less and the EX will probably get smoked.

now this is just my thoughts but depending on builder,now i would hope a backyard build and a duncan would be a little different but i would expect the 450r to be faster?
    just me or why would pros switch to the 450 dirtbike motor over a built 440?

I hope that it is as fast as a built 440 with 12:1 compression other wise you will be smoked by a stock yfz lolllllll

just kidin' of course it will be faster. look the ex is nice and it worked great for me but it is no where near the spec that the trx and the yfz just face it the 400 ex in any state of mod will not be able to keep up. I know I have a built 440 and it works great but just not the proformance of the yfz. TRX will be the same
    YFZ450-mine
    440ex -girlfriends
    ltz-400-dad's
    all modded and dune/xc/track ready

My buddy has a built 440 with a cam, high compression piston, carb, etc, etc, etc. He runs race fuel in it. My YFZ with the baffle removed spanks it, so yes, I would expect the TRX to be better than a built 440.
    '04 YFZ 450
    '04 TRX 450R - SOLD
    '03 KFX 400 - SOLD
    www.motorsportsofutah.com

i thought along the same lines
    myself

Liquid cooled makes a big difference IMO.
    2002 400EX - Will be missed
    2004 YZF450 - Dr. D pipe
    2003 400EX - Full LRD pipe
    K@N w/lid removed

If it wont outpower 99% of all 400exs motorwise dont bother bringing it to the race with the YFZs...My Stock YFZ is faster than my built 426EX as in there was no comparison AT ALL. I imagine the honda will be the same ATLEAST.

yall must be talkin a drag race, cause if your takin mx come to fl and race were we can see.it comes down to rider and that is it. i have my 400 apart now buing built to a 440 so ill have a little extra hp. but before i tore it apart i could beat anything out there if the rider wasnt better than me. if he was as good you saw a very good race, if he was better and thing went good for him (no wrecks) he beat me. like i said it comes down to rider.
    sold the mx quad, now im just a bullrider not an everything man

sorry jason I have to disagree with you
    it is a combination of rider and bike that wins the race. If I was to give you an lt80 and tell you lets race, no matter how good you were you couldn't beat me, I hope you agree. Even if it was a 250ex same thing. anyway I do agree that on the track rider counts alot but with the proper bike a rider who has less talent can suceed against a rider with more talent.
    YFZ450-mine
    440ex -girlfriends
    ltz-400-dad's
    all modded and dune/xc/track ready

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast