Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: likes and dislikes

likes and dislikes

I see a lot of you have mixed opinions on the new trx450r. My opinion is this: I think honda has built a bike that will stand the test of time and in that time will win a lot of recognition and championships. I think it is a awesome looking machine, and will perform just as good. I may be crossing the line when i say this, but I think the yfz is ugly. Yamaha could of came up with something different as far as the looks of the machine. It looks like a redesigned raptor. If you have any likes or dislikes about the 450r from looking at the specs and pictures, post them here.

I like everything about the 450r's looks,,, I just hope the performance is truely up to par
    04 trx450R
    94 XR 600R, for sale
    86 ATC 350X, for sale
    86 XR 80R
    85 XR 350R, for sale
    82 XR 500R
    81 CR 450R elsinore
    72 Z50A minitrail
    70 QA50 cm90 motor in it

I also think the YFZ is ugly. I like the looks of the TRX450r!
    Paul

I can see what people mean when they say at first glance it is a little different but it grows on you. It truly does, I was not so impressed the first time I saw it but I love the looks now. I agree that the Yamaha engineers should have tried changing the looks a little more on the YFZ, you can sure distinguish it as a Yamaha without a second look.

A couple things I was weary about of the new Honda is the carb (only time will tell) and no electric start (nothing you can't live with out) but I was hoping it would have the e-start like the others. I think the YFZ and TRX will both be outstanding quads in their own right and I just wish people would stop bashing senselessly unless they really know what they are talking about. For those that really know the facts, sure but many people on this forum bash over specs and pictures when they should be unbiased of these new quads until there is some hard evidence of the faults of each. Also, give credit where credit is due, that's all I ask.

Ridin' Red

Well, I have a llittle news for you, be glad the Honda does not have electric start. I had the privledge of seeing (and riding) a YFZ in action. Let me start by telling you the thing WILL RUN. I was amazed at how well it ran actually and I am a Honda fanatic, I have had my 88R since it was a year old. But, all we were doing was racing in a 200-300 yard field and after running it for a while and getting it hot it had to be put on the battery charger. This happened more than once throughout the day. I would not want to be on the trail and this happen. If the new Honda runs anyting like the YFZ I will have to have one and retire the R.

I thought the yfz looked like a bug at first but now I love it. the 450r is good looking in its own way but I am sorry the yfz looks better to me. just my opinion and we all like different things. anyway the battery problem only exists in a few bikes and I have not had a problem. If you go tio the yamaha dealer they will replace it for you and should!!! I am happy with my bike but can't wait to see the 450r in action and race it. God it is a great time to be into quads
    YFZ450-mine
    440ex -girlfriends
    ltz-400-dad's
    all modded and dune/xc/track ready

Just a question on the YFZ you rode that had the battery die. Did it have the cam mod? I haven't had a single problem with my YFZ and it's been ridden hard over the past 3 months. I personally think the Raptor is the best looking quad out there, so I was glad to see the YFZ take a similar look. It reminds me of the terradactyl (sp). I'm looking forward to seeing the new Honda in action, I'll probably end up with one of those too. I really am not too keen on the looks of it though. It looks like a big bubble.
    '04 YFZ 450
    '04 TRX 450R - SOLD
    '03 KFX 400 - SOLD
    www.motorsportsofutah.com

The bike I rode was completely stock, which makes me wonder what it would have been like with pipe,air filter, jetted and cam mod.

I dislike the no e-start, bad for dead start races, I wish the frame would have been more updated. But enough said we can only wait till the 450r comes out. hang in there fanatics (I'm one of them )

Originally posted by dirtriderex
    I dislike the no e-start, bad for dead start races, I wish the frame would have been more updated. But enough said we can only wait till the 450r comes out. hang in there fanatics (I'm one of them )
    Why would honda have to update the frame. No aluminum frame? So what. Would it have been nice? HELL YEAH! You see, I would have to say that honda builds some of the nicest frames if not the best. It looks to me like alot of the 250R and the 400ex is in the frame design. Everybody knows how awesome those two machines are so why would honda have to update thier frame design when they can use an old design that seems like everybody has copied over the years and is still trying to copy? Look at the z400. The whole frame is weak and you would have to buy a reinforcement kit for it. I don't know about any of you, but i'll stick with honda for getting it right the first time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast