Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: are blasters good

are blasters good

i am looking for a blaster and was just ask what are the good thing and the bad. THANK

ill give you the bad things iv experienced... rear brakes have locked (fixed with lots of grease in caliper), front brakes get wierd when they get water in them, cracked my swingarm (just from beatin the **** out of it while jumping), poor chain adjustment (got a lsr roundhousing swingarm, fixed both swingarm problems). those are the problems i have had, the only other problems would be theyre tippy with the stock tires, just buy new rears and flip the fronts around. they have a respectable amount of power stock, but can have a lot of power when modded (ask 400exjoe, lol joe). i am selling mine but i dont know if you want a used one and i dont know how close you live. write back with anymore questions.
    ~Craig~
    Last edited by TrengaBlaster3; 02-05-2002 at 06:12 PM.
    2001 Blaster: Lone Star +4" roundhousing swingarm, Works Dual-rate fronts, Graydon Proline pipe and silencer, Trenga Racing's oil injection block off kit, RK "RX" 108 link chain, 18x11x8 turfs on douglas rims, 20x6x10 holeshots on douglas rims , Aktive reeds, Trenga Racing billet reed spacer, DynoJet race needle & jetts, UNI dual-stage filter, Motion-Pro brake cable for extended swingarm, Talon 40t rear sprocket, Renthal 14t front sprocket, ProDesign kill switch, Renthal yz125 bars w/ MSR grips, shaved front plastics. Lots more to come....

I've had pretty much the same problems. if u get a blaster i say get a hydrulic brake for the back. and definetly get a new chain adjustment.

If you are not going to ride super hard i dont think you will have half those problems... I wouldnt go out and spend 360 bucks on hydrolic brakes when i have my stock rears working just as good. all you do is if they lock up, take the caliper apart and using a wire brush and WD, clean every part in there. then take grease and pack it into everything. i did this to mine and they havnt stuck since. thats just my opinion but id rather spend the $360 on somethin else.
    2001 Blaster: Lone Star +4" roundhousing swingarm, Works Dual-rate fronts, Graydon Proline pipe and silencer, Trenga Racing's oil injection block off kit, RK "RX" 108 link chain, 18x11x8 turfs on douglas rims, 20x6x10 holeshots on douglas rims , Aktive reeds, Trenga Racing billet reed spacer, DynoJet race needle & jetts, UNI dual-stage filter, Motion-Pro brake cable for extended swingarm, Talon 40t rear sprocket, Renthal 14t front sprocket, ProDesign kill switch, Renthal yz125 bars w/ MSR grips, shaved front plastics. Lots more to come....

Tell me how much you want for your blaster and what has like pipes.o and i live in maryland. what year is it. thanks

It is a 2001 blaster (blue) w/ Lone Star +4" roundhousing swingarm, Works Dual-rate fronts, Graydon Proline pipe and silencer, Trenga Racing's oil injection block off kit, RK "RX" 108 link chain, 20x11-10 holeshots on ITP .190 rims , Aktive reeds, Trenga Racing billet reed spacer, DynoJet race needle & jetts, UNI dual-stage filter, Motion-Pro brake cable for extended swingarm, Talon 40t rear sprocket, Renthal 14t front sprocket, ProDesign kill switch.... possibly more to come. i am asking $3400.

What size are you? If you are on the heavy side a blaster will definetly be cramped and weak for you if its stock. btw trenga I was woundering about the rear brake thing because on time last winter my rear brakes totaly locked up. Hasn't ever happened again don't know why. Do you have a oil injector block off? because ours the red light is always turning on and I heard the stock injector barely works and may starve the engine oil.
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

Nausty, the same thing happend to my brakes, they locked up then i just fooled around with them a little bit and they were fine. but then a few days later they locked up for good so i took them off and ran it without them for a couple months. then when i got the new swingarm, i took the caliper apart and cleaned everything out and greesed everything up and have had no problems with them since. I have the oil injector block off kit and it runs alot better with it. the injector runs it at 18:1 which causes it to run bad. i run mine at 40:1 and it runs great. i used to run it at 32:1 but i found it easier to mix with 40:1 cuz i just dump a container of oil in instead of a little more than 1. if the injector breaks you have no way of knowing and can blow up your engine.

Overall Blasters suck If you are not learning how to race. The engine is unreliable and its to small. Plus the breaks are horrible. Dont get a Blaster!

I think blasters are fine for young beginners my self.
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast