Thread: handle bars look funny!

handle bars look funny!

i just got some new bars for my 400 and after i put them on they look kind funny w/o the plastic there.....i was wondering if any of u had replaced urs and had a pic.....i think i might have messed up and gotten dirtbike bars ..... i hope you guys can help thanx
    03 yellow 400 ex
    baja skids(a arms,belly,and swing)
    20x11x9 xcrs on .190 douglas rims
    11:1 piston, stage 2 hotcams, heavy duty camchain, hmf slipon

I have CR mid bars on my quad. They are real low and wide. I just like the way they feel. I have a lot of control, and it puts me in a comfortable position. Just go with what you like. If you don't like the way they feel, try another set of bars. You can kind of get a look at my bars from this pic.
    2001 416EX
    Yeah, it's tuned.

http://www.pbase.com/image/22141471

I have these, im thinking of getting seomthing new, they font feel quite right, i dont have as good control while sitting, somethingw ti hthe sweep isnt right..

I have Pro-Taper CR high's on a 1" extended Stem...I love the way they feel.

Go to a race and look at some combo's. If you ask politely, you might could sit on the quad and get a feel for what you like.

Good Luck

Are you having feeling to "cramped up" when turning sharply?

Originally posted by DangerousDean
    http://www.pbase.com/image/22141471

I have these, im thinking of getting something new, they font feel quite right, i dont have as good control while sitting, somethingw ti hthe sweep isnt right..
    My friend has those bars on his R and I HATE them! They are very uncomfortable and my other friend agrees. I feel they aren't swept back enough, like the ends of the bars are both at angles, rather than creating a perpendicular angle to the rider's arms.
    2001 416EX
    Yeah, it's tuned.

i have tag x-5's they are kinda narrow.. im used to my renthals on my blasty.. But the tags hold up great, my friends got tags on his banshee and he rolled that thing a gazillion times and they never bent
    2001 400ex
    -yeller.mudsharks on douglas offsets. kenda fronts on douglas offsets.K&N power kit. T- 4 slip on. Tag X-5's. graydon nerfs+skids. DG bumper.
    2001 XR100r
    2003 blaster
    -blue. FMF fatty + PCII. Twin air filter. Chrome renthals. for sale: make an offer

Tag's are really strong bars, but in my eyes that isn't always a good thing. $30 bars are a bit cheaper than a new steering stem. I would rather have the weak link in a cheaper part than a more expensive one. It has happened to me before. Rolled my quad and ended up with a bent steering stem and perfectly straight bars. They are sweet bars though.
    2001 416EX
    Yeah, it's tuned.