Thread: Impossible to find neutral...MAGURA?

Impossible to find neutral...MAGURA?

Hello all,
    I just installed the magura hydro clutch on my girlfriends 400ex. The problem is neutral is impossible to find when the bike is running. Turn the bike off and it slips right into neutral. Is it just not properly adjusted? Also, what are you suppost to do with those 2 wires that are disconnected from the factory clutch pearch? Her bike will not start unless it is in neutral, is this normal or does it have to do w/ those 2 wires? Thanks Guys.
    Ohh ya...the bike is brand new and I installed the magura b4 she ever rode it..

My friend's 300ex does this, it won't go into neutral unless it's off, and it only starts in neutral. My 300 starts in gear as long as the clutch is engadged.

Free bump
    Polaris Predator 500
    Polaris Magnum 425

Re: Impossible to find neutral...MAGURA?

Originally posted by nickthompson77
    Also, what are you suppost to do with those 2 wires that are disconnected from the factory clutch pearch? Her bike will not start unless it is in neutral, is this normal or does it have to do w/ those 2 wires? Thanks Guys.
    Those 2 wires need to be conected to start in gear but be careful because it will also start in gear with out the clutch pulled in. If they are disconnected you can only start in nuetral. Just take both of the wires, strip a little off, connect them, electrical tape it, then hide it under the fender somewhere.

Thanks for the info...Anyone know any info regarding the neutral issue?

turn the knob in on the lever. Or try blipping the throttle when you put it in.
    when in doudt, GAS IT!