Thread: hurrryyy oil level mark???

hurrryyy oil level mark???

hey guys i just changed my oil and i put 2 castrol bottles in (like 1.95) liters.. after i changed it I let it idle for liek 3 mins then i checked it.. it read at where the word "?LOWER" is printed, it filled that whole word.. how much oil should i add if any.. or is that an okay oil level to ride at.. im going to jackfrost tomorrow and i need to know ASAP please help me!!!!!!
    2001 400ex
    -yeller.mudsharks on douglas offsets. kenda fronts on douglas offsets.K&N power kit. T- 4 slip on. Tag X-5's. graydon nerfs+skids. DG bumper.
    2001 XR100r
    2003 blaster
    -blue. FMF fatty + PCII. Twin air filter. Chrome renthals. for sale: make an offer

stop the post with please hurry. We are not at your beck in call. This topic has been covered many times, if the search was used or you read your manual you would know the answer.

It depends did you change your filter. Is the bike warm? Don't just let it idle, you want to actually ride it a bit to get the oil to move around.

And as long as your between the 2 marks your fine.
    '02 Red 400
    It's faster now then when I bought it!

You should probably get a manual, if you dont know how much oil it takes dont change it. Also I have heard of people putting to much in and messing the oil pump up. I (a person who owns a manual) never had to worry about it because I put in as much as it said. Therefore it came out perfect.
    1986 330R TT ready
    2006 YFZ 450 TT not ready

Thanks to Hubbard ATV, Smith ATV & Cycle, Samquest, BHP Engines