Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 400 now, or 450r later..is it worth the wait?

400 now, or 450r later..is it worth the wait?

i am in the mood for another quad, so i went down to the dealer and i was about to apply for the loan, then i stopped, and left. i didnt want to go through with it unless i am positive i am making the right choice.

ive ridden on a 400 with full pipe, jet, filter, sprocket, and its a torque little thing, but i dont know if that is enough..all around quad. i ride alot of trails, flats, jumps, whoops, etc....nothing all that fast, but nothing to slow, but i do lug around sometimes..

do you think i should wait for the 450R to come out and see how much i can get it for, or should i go get the 04 400ex for 5400 OTD?

needs help in the right direction..
    thanks.

I'm in the same position, I love my 400 but is it worth it? I say just be patient and see the reveiws on the 450r.

Originally posted by dirtriderex
    I'm in the same position, I love my 400 but is it worth it? I say just be patient and see the reveiws on the 450r.
    its so hard waiting...

I know its hard to wate but just keep saving some money and wate and see what the new 450r is going to give us... I think it will be worth the wate.
    1989 250r, LRD silencer, Delta v-force reeds, Keihin 40.5mm PWK carb, k&n air filter, custom air shrouds, ESR 350pv big Bore cylinder, ESR head, ESR trx11 pipe, Janssen Racing Basket, AC front bumper, +4 swingarm, tag bars, Elka shocks

Wife's bike:2005 TRX450r.... Full system Yoshimura tri-oval, Hrc kit, K&N air filter

$5400 OTD! That's horrible! I paid $5600 OTD back in Oct. of 98. You should be able to find one for under $5000 without too much trouble. Just do some shopping around. It will save you some serious cash. Then put that saved money back into it and you will have one sweet machine.

Ray
    1999 400EX-99 Hetrick Racing 416 motor, FCR 39mm Carb, Hetrick Racing full exhaust, 2000 pc'd and gusseted frame, 450R shocks w/ GTT springs, Elka converted rear stock shock w/ GTT XC link, Hiper wheels w/ Holeshot XCT's, Graydon Nerfs and steering stabilizer, PRM Bumper and full skids, Wave rear rotor, TrailTech Computer, Sidewinder Ti-Moly Chain and Sprockets, Cycra handguards, +1 Steering stem and Protaper bars

07 DRR 70 Built by Hetrick Racing, w/Elka Shocks

so on the 450R its kick start, which is fine with me, but, how to the headlights work? do they dim when at idle and fluxuate with the rpm?

yeah, i thought there was a battery for the headlights but don't know. I hope it has grease fittings an all the joints like the YFZ

do you think the honda would like to get lugged around sometimes? unlike the yzf

lugged around? what do you mean, throw around?

to chill in a gear, go slow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast