Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: best tire's for the sand- are

best tire's for the sand- are

hello--

i ride 300ex- person i ride with has- 400ex

the mississippi. river is going down and the sand is coming outt.

i want and so does he- want sand tires-

he-- was thinking about pro-wedges- but they dont look like they have a very big lip on em' -

i-- was thinking just streight paddles

- how do these pro-wedges perform- witch wold be the better choise- or what other tire would be better-

- i was thinking let him get the --pro's and i'll get the streight ones'- that way i'll have a little jump on him when it;s time to ride the sand- -
    need some info please

Straight paddles are more for sand drags and going straight, they hook up better.
    the Wedges arent as fast in a straight line but they make turning a little easier.
    And because you have 300ex you probably wanna go with a 8 run paddles, thats for straight paddles, for wedges I'm not sure but 8 run is probably what ya would need. If you went with a 10 run they weight a little more and take more power to get ya around. Hope that helps a bit.
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

all the people in the group i go with have straight paddle haulers (two 416EX's, a 300ex, and a 250ex + my 440) and they are great for drag racing and hill climbing. we like to go along trails that will go normal for a while but then just turn like straight up the hill right in the middle of the hill and you can turn and go up with them if you stay off the gas in the turn to get pointed up hill then nail the throttle. but be careful, the kid on the 300ex was doing this and when he nailed the throttle the tires didnt get spinning fast enough and he endoed and 13 times to the bottom of the hill, right into the trees. (the 250EX didnt follow us. )
    (C) A HARD-ARSE PRODUCTION
    Hardarse Clan>Admin>Joo

YXZ1000R

LED Performance JRD Narrow Puma 434

stanx!!!!!

i'll g0 with nak-
    W1DE5PREADPANIC@AOL.COM

TAKE IT FROM A PRO
    ......JUST SAY NO......

if you're running a 13 tooth (stock) front sprocket, make sure you get 22" rear tires, and get the straights. you will hook up SO GOOD trust me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dan C
    I have 3 german shepards.

1Pet. 3:15

drag racin

hey HOTT440EX you say you ride with 2 416exs. whos wins the drag races your 440 or the 416? i was just wondering because i hear alot of people say that the 416exs were faster than 440exs but didnt have as much torque

- SKULL---

HEY MAN- I'M RUNNING A 14 TOOTH FRONT ON MY 300

WHAT WOULD YOU RECOMEND FOR THE SAND- I
    USUALLY JUST RIDE TRAILS AND SOME MINOR SAND- BUT LIKE I SAID THE MS... RIVER IS COMMING DOWN AND THERE'S LOTS OF SAND MILES OF IT- IT WOULD BE WORTH THE CHANGING OF MY SETUP- SO KEEP THE- 14 OR GO TO 12??- FRONT SPROKKKKK??

SKULL LATER
    W1DE5PREADPANIC@AOL.COM

TAKE IT FROM A PRO
    ......JUST SAY NO......

the 416's arent even close to me in a drag race, and goin down the beach they try to start wheelieing in like 4th and cant, all i have to do is pull the clutch in a bit, rev it and pop it out and it comes up easy. but they also just did the 416, JE 10.5:1 piston, and a cam and a fcr, so the playing grounds arent even level, as in my list of mods vs. theirs, but im sure it would probably be closer if they had a full page of mods on the invoice like i do
    Hardarse Clan>Admin>Joo

YXZ1000R

yeah it looks like u got all the goodies with yours. hehehe did u send your motor off to get the work done? if so where did u send it? im considering getting some motor work done this winter. how much hotter does the motor run than stock? this is a major concern for me. actually its one of the main reasons i've not had any work done on the motor right now. i thought about adding everything i could to the quad without getting into the motor but from what i've heard thats where u get the most bang for your buck. i still might get a FCR carb b4 this winter because i'll end up with one sooner or later anyways along with a sparks key

i actually just took my motor to vancouver washington, like an hour and a half south of me, to fletchtrick. i can email you the paper he faxed us if you want that, his performance stuff for a 400 comes in three stages, stage one is a 440 kit, big gun exhaust, and a dyno jet kit, and i think something else, and stage 3 is what i have, plus some more thats not on the paper, like he lightens the flywheel, and some other stuff. we were expecting to spend the same as the guy that we know that had his done there, but he only spent $2700, this ended up being 4500. it does run quite a bit hotter than stock i think, but thats to be expected, and i think i am going to get a pingry oil tank and if i can find it a bigger oil cooler. but i havent lost to another 400, 416, or 440 yet with this. but thats just the ones i have raced, and you will be in this farther than just the motor, cause he reccomends atleast a +2 swingarm, but we are getting a +3. if you have any other questions, ask, and i might know the answers.
    Hardarse Clan>Admin>Joo

YXZ1000R

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast