Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 450r advantages

Question 450r advantages

What advantages does honda have by putting a unicam in and having less valves. Is it true there will be another X version with reverse and electric start?

I have heard a rumor that they will be releasing a different version? I hope they will !!

Originally posted by honda350r
    I have heard a rumor that they will be releasing a different version? I hope they will !!
    me too...unfortunatley even my spies wont elaborate

its my opinion...that if honda releases a mid year version with the electric start it will prove in my mind that the trx450r was pushed into service to do battle with the yfz. either way i dont give a ratts but....but my 2 cents
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Originally posted by honda350r
    go back and check the old posts...i said a few months ago, that this bike was tested by Tim Farr less than 15 minutes away from my house and i just found out to add injury to insult it was twice!!! at that test there was 4 versions of this bike..one WAS an aluminum framed 450r...wish i knew what happened to it????and the other was a 650r!!maybe to be released next year??
    99' 465ex, Gibson XC LT front W/ axis, Gibson +1 Swingarm W/ Axis LT rear, FMF exaust, Hipers W/ Holeshot HD rear, Hipers W/ Holeshot XCR front, Lonestar Axle, etc..........

Originally posted by modracer5
    go back and check the old posts...i said a few months ago, that this bike was tested by Tim Farr less than 15 minutes away from my house and i just found out to add injury to insult it was twice!!! at that test there was 4 versions of this bike..one WAS an aluminum framed 450r...wish i knew what happened to it????and the other was a 650r!!maybe to be released next year??
    sweeet!!!

thats pretty much what i heard also...damn i got good intel
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

I just wish it was electric start. For us XC races a kicker is not the best.
    Thanks for the Support: Maier, Moto-Xperts, Rekluse, Teixeira Tech, Fox Racing Shox, BK Performance, DWT, Rath Racing, Quadtech, Streamline Brakes, Precision Racing Products, PowerMadd, Spider Grips, ASV Inventions, IMS Products, CV4, UNI.

Yeah I know, why the h*** is honda taking so friggen long. Now another 4 months for it to come out. I really don't know what honda is trying to prove. they should have a mx version and a xc version, but I think that is very unlikely going to happen.

next honda should make a 650ex or somethin thats on up there in the displacement range to compete with the DS, raptor, and KFX700
    Cody

99 416ex *sold*
    2008 Yfz 450

Re: 450r advantages

Originally posted by dirtriderex
    What advantages does honda have by putting a unicam in and having less valves. Is it true there will be another X version with reverse and electric start?
    Having more valves doesn't always mean more performance. You reach a point of deminshing returns due to head size and shape. Once you have the optimum shape and flow of the combustion chamber adding valves just for the sake of it will not make it flow better. The benefit of the unicam would be a less complicated valve accuating system, ease of assembly and cost. I honestly don't know how the unicam or valve system the 450 has will work. Or for that matter the complete motor. I'm sure hondas engineers made the best with the resources availabe to them.
    04 TRX 510r Pinnit / Walshracecraft
    86 esr 330pv lrd alum. frame
    89 CBR 900rr powered lt 500
    06 Raptor 700
    06 Raptor 700

if they came out with a 650r I would buy it no matter what...i wont be getting this 450r as I do not race & it doesnt seem to be made for my intentions...damn you honda...i love you & i hate you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast