Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kick start only! =]

Kick start only! =]

I know a lot of people dont like it, but ever since i sold my 350x i have been wanting it back. I feel like im on a mom's bike when i push the start button. Nothing manly about pushing a button. But kicking it over and having that nice loud 4 stroke thump... yes... why do i have to wait till Jan....
    04 TRX450R- Curtis Sparks exh. and air filter kit.

95 kx125

You must not be a woods racer.
    Big B

i think its cool. i love kick start for some reason.
    Mike Hurd
    Revulsion Industries

))FQX((

I dont mind the kick, and im a woods runner. I love hearing that big bore thumper rev up. Seriously, I can not wait for this thing. I have been waiting since august to actually get a glimpse at this, and I am seriously stunned...I want it bad.
    Loosy Goosy

Honda really dropped the ball on that one !!!

man of all the dumb comments. an e-start isnt manly. what a stupid thing to say. now i can understand that you dont want it for the weight savings but i assure you that if your in the woods on a very steep hill stalled out you wish you had that button. Not manly!! hehe.
    -SeaTec

Bump on that

Re: Kick start only! =]

Originally posted by Bretmd94
    I know a lot of people dont like it, but ever since i sold my 350x i have been wanting it back. I feel like im on a mom's bike when i push the start button. Nothing manly about pushing a button. But kicking it over and having that nice loud 4 stroke thump... yes... why do i have to wait till Jan....
    u may think electric starts arent manly but id rather push a button on a hot day then use all my energy and break a sweat just tryin to kick it over
    Cody

99 416ex *sold*
    2008 Yfz 450

Think about it.
    People are going to probably mod the motor, up the compression and such.
    If you have ever kicked over a large 4-stroke you will understand why electric start is a good thing.
    I think it would be better off with the extra few pounds just to have an electric starter.....
    2007 can am outlander 800

Consider this - what do you do with your big bore, high compression engine when the electric start struggles? No upgrades are available. Mine struggles at times and my engine is only a 416 and is pretty mild on the compression.

Also consider this - I've been racing woods on my 400EX for 3 years now. There have been a number of times that I have had trouble with my electric start. With no backup system, I've lost anything from positions to the entire race - at those times you can bet I was cussing the e-start only.

I've also been beat off the line during a dead engine start more times than I care to count by people with kickers - and my 400 starts extremely easily compared to many.

For the last several years I've heard nothing but complaints about the electric start with no backup, about weight, about the 400ex being "low tech" and slow, about Honda not stepping up to the plate with supporting racers or giving us new models.

I've heard nothing but complaints when Cannondale gave us aluminum frames, efi, a real engine, etc...

You people make me sick at times with all your complaining. Every time I dig thru the forums I find people whining about this or that.. I'm thinking no matter what happens, you folks will always find something to complain about -- your lives must be miserable....

Right now is one of the best times our sport has ever seen... If you're unhappy now, you need to find something new.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast