Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: shame on honda

shame on honda

I am all for hondas, when I owned a suzuki it broke all the time and when I needed to go riding and the suzuki was broke I busted out my beat old honda 70 and ripped up and down the street, and it started everytime, pulled my big a** around, and never gave me problems. even as a kid when it was my main ride and I beat the hell outta it I never had a problem. But I think the new 450 was all hyped up by honda, and looking at the specs its nowhere as trick as it seemed it would be. I just hope the specs are decieving and its as good as honda claims. The looks are ok but I dont like how the front fenders sit so high and look folded up. I dont plan on buying one anytime soon if I decide to get one because its never a good thing to buy a first year quad because they all have problems and its best to wait till all the bugs get fixed and you know what the long term reliability is, it should be good cuz its a honda but you never know, they let us down with the aluminum frame and such so they might let us down in the reliability department too. Ok I am done pi**ing and moaning about the new bike,
    "you always gotta have ur ambulance scene in every moto vid"..sean H-4

1988 Honda TRX250R ground up project
    2008 Yamaha Raptor 700 SE- Stock
    Laegers narrow CR500 link frame (just the frame for now)

you are not alone in your thoughts I am dissapointed as well but it is still amajor step up from the 400ex but they could have done a lot more development in the last 15years not flaming just mad that it is not the new 250r that I was hopeing for !!!!
    Any body else want to step up and vent!!! it is good to get it off your chest I feel better already !
    Current rides:

1. HONDA 1986 TRX 250r ohlins shocks ,laegers swingarm , billet bearing carrier, stock pipe(local envormental police made me put it back on , steel braded brake lines holeshots xc, douglas red labels,yellow maier plastic ,88 headlight, gusseted frame yellow rentahal bars , sprocket,ac new style front bumper,dg rear grab bar,skid,parking brake delete,cr 250 clutch lever,polished stator and clutch cover,port and polish +cr250 headgasket, cr500clutch springs

2. 2005 400ex red, 13 tooth front sprocket, mostly stock

Former atvs:
    honda atc 90
    1984 200x atc
    1983 250r atc
    1985 350x atc
    1986350x atc
    1988 250x ,350x motor
    3 1986 250r fourtrax
    1987 250r fourtrax
    1987 quadzilla
    1987 250x ,350x motor
    1985 250r atc
    1995 polaris 400 sport
    2001 400ex
    2001 Craptor
    1999 440 ex
    1994 300ex
    2002 polaris 500
    lesson learned Hondas rule !
    Honda makes Quads , Yamaha makes pianos

Re: shame on honda

Originally posted by Creech52
    I am all for hondas, when I owned a suzuki it broke all the time and when I needed to go riding and the suzuki was broke I busted out my beat old honda 70 and ripped up and down the street, and it started everytime, pulled my big a** around, and never gave me problems. even as a kid when it was my main ride and I beat the hell outta it I never had a problem. But I think the new 450 was all hyped up by honda, and looking at the specs its nowhere as trick as it seemed it would be. I just hope the specs are decieving and its as good as honda claims. The looks are ok but I dont like how the front fenders sit so high and look folded up. I dont plan on buying one anytime soon if I decide to get one because its never a good thing to buy a first year quad because they all have problems and its best to wait till all the bugs get fixed and you know what the long term reliability is, it should be good cuz its a honda but you never know, they let us down with the aluminum frame and such so they might let us down in the reliability department too. Ok I am done pi**ing and moaning about the new bike,
    After seein Cannondale go bankrupt from offering a quad that all us racers want,,with Aluminum Frame, EFI, top of the line shocks, etc, etc, etc. I really can't blame them for what they've done. I think a few extra things coulda been added but living up to the hype that everyone wanted and again seein what happened to cannondale I can't blame them. We will see the quad we want from honda at one point..but right now it's not time....

My views on it. I like it But the only thing that I like about it compared to my quad is the motor,,,and maybe the dual piston front brakes. IMO those 2 things are the only things better than whats on mine... Well a better rider on mine wouldn't hurt either....

i can see what your sayin rico but a company like honda definatley has the money to keep the place up and running. they make MUCH MUCH more money than cannondale. i am willing to bet hondas weekly earnings is more than cannondales yearly earnings. they coulda released a twin spar frame quad and all that and if it failed which it probably wouldn't have because they already have a huge network of dealers all over the world, and a loyal following, they woulda been perfectly fine. i was really hopin for a little more than what we got. i was impressed with the yamaha when it came out but i am definatley disapointed in honda. and say what you want but i think its rediculous for the quad to be that ugly. they have always made good lookin quads in the past so what the hell where they thinkin when they designed this one!?
    1985 LT250R < stolen!
    2002 400EX

I have to agree with you Juggalo. That has got to be the ugliest fuggin front end I have ever seen. Fullbores are def. a must
    Not to worry though, I aint fast enought to justify a new quad
    Heres to all the men in women in uniform!

I think it looks pretty cool. And everything about it is up to par with the yfz if not better in some areas. I dont see the big deal about the aluminum frame either. How much lighter would it be anyway, and would you guys wanna be paying for that frame. I think the best thing that will come from this is that fact that Honda is gonna sponsor Tim Farr, thats a huge step and that seems to be way more than yamaha has done so far.
    05 YFZ
    Custom Axis, Ars-Fx, Hiper, Rekluse, Pro-tec Skids.... Nuff Said!

OXC #317 B-Class

I dont know about all u ******es but that is a nice looking quad. Better looking than most $20,000 250r's/
    05 YFZ
    Custom Axis, Ars-Fx, Hiper, Rekluse, Pro-tec Skids.... Nuff Said!

OXC #317 B-Class

Originally posted by toby400ex
    I dont know about all u ******es but that is a nice looking quad. Better looking than most $20,000 250r's/
    Amen brother!

but...

I know an aluminum frame and all that may not make a difference, but my point is the whole fact of all the hype that went around about how great it is, and how honda claimed for it to be so great, and upon seeing the specs I am deffinetly not impressed, they didnt use any new technology or anything that puts it at the head of its class, just a frame with a bike motor, raptor tires, some halfway decent looks, and sport quad suspension...whoopee. I would buy a 250R before I bought the YZF but for someone in the market for a new 4 stroke sport/race quad the $400 more YZF seems like a better choice. All in all honda could have done way better.
    "you always gotta have ur ambulance scene in every moto vid"..sean H-4

1988 Honda TRX250R ground up project
    2008 Yamaha Raptor 700 SE- Stock
    Laegers narrow CR500 link frame (just the frame for now)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast