Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Much More Information On The New 450R

Much More Information On The New 450R

The following information was provided from http://www.********.com/ .

First look -- Honda's TRX450R
    Engine/Drivetrain

• All-new powerful purpose-built ATV four-stroke 450cc liquid-cooled four-valve Unicam(tm) engine is based on the award-winning CRF(tm)450R motocrosser's.

• Compact, lightweight engine designed specifically for ATV usage is worthy of its CRF heritage.

• Unicam valve train provides the light weight of a compact single-cam drive and the optimum combustion chamber shape for maximum power at all engine rpm.

• Unicam valve train features a carburized single camshaft that directly actuates two 36mm steel intake valves. The camshaft exhaust lobe actuates two 30mm steel exhaust valves via a forked, low-friction roller rocker-arm.

• Lightweight, compact, internal auto decompressor provides superb cold-starting and hot-starting operation.

• Engine incorporates ATV-type forward kickstarting for ease of starting and light weight.

• Crankshaft is made of high-strength, low-carbon steel with carburized main journals for maximum durability at sustained high-rpm operation.

• Cylinder head cover is made of magnesium to reduce engine weight.

• Cast 10.5:1 compression piston features 28.4mm piston skirt length, with three piston rings for added durability.

• Double-carburized connecting rod utilizes a big-end needle bearing for maximum high-rpm performance and durability.

• Nikasil(r) cylinder lining is lightweight and provides cooler and quieter operation for extended engine life.

• Press-fitted steel spark plug pipe fits between forked exhaust rocker arms, further contributing to compact cylinder head design.

• 42mm Keihin butterfly-type carburetor features light throttle effort, smooth operation and excellent rideability.

• Carburetor features a throttle position sensor (TPS) that helps maintain linear response throughout the rpm range.

• Twin-sump lubrication system separates the oil supply for the crankshaft, piston and valve train from the clutch and transmission. This ensures a cool supply of oil to the clutch, eliminates clutch and transmission material contamination to the engine oil, and reduces the amount of circulating oil and the required size of the oil pump. This design allows for an oil cooler and no external oil tank is needed.

• Aluminum oil cooler ensures a cool supply of oil.

• Vertically split crankcases feature a built-in oil pump, reducing weight compared to a conventional design.

• Left side countershaft bearing and axle carrier feature double-row bearings for added durability.

• Exhaust system uses a lightweight stainless steel header and muffler.

• High-capacity radiator is rated at 17.2Kw for efficient engine cooling in extreme operating conditions.

• Compact, flat radiator fan is lightweight and provides efficient cooling.

• Gear-driven balancer reduces vibration and drives the water pump. Eight clutch plates provide the surface area necessary to handle the engine's massive torque.

• Durable five-speed transmission with all-new ratios designed for ATV application.

Chassis/Suspension

• Round-tube steel frame with removable aluminum subframe is lightweight and durable.

• One-piece cast aluminum swingarm for light weight, maximum strength and durability.

• Independent double-wishbone front suspension with fully adjustable Showa(r) shocks provide 8.4 inches of travel, and feature rear-facing reservoirs for increased durability.

• Pro-Link(r) rear suspension with fully adjustable Showa piggyback shock provides 9 inches of travel.

• Dual 174mm front disc brakes with twin-piston calipers and new high-pressure front brake lines provide excellent stopping power.

• New 190mm rear disc and beefy single-piston caliper provide improved stopping power and increased ground clearance.

• Aluminum brake calipers and brackets front and rear reduce weight.

• Removable aluminum rear grabrail and front bumper for reduced weight.

• Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unsprung weight for outstanding handling.

• Dunlop radial tires provide superb traction and cornering ability.

• Durable and lightweight O-ring-sealed drive chain.

Additional Features

• Engine design meets California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.

• Convenient oil-level window allows for at-a-glance oil check.

• Long, narrow seat is designed for superior comfort and performance in all operating conditions. Saddle is also easy to remove for convenient access to the air filter.

• Adjustable dual headlights with 30-watt bulbs and improved reflectors for excellent visibility and distinctive appearance.

• Pivot-access brake calipers for easy pad replacement.

• Engine cases protected by high-impact plastic skidplate.

• LED tail/brake light for light weight and aggressive appearance.

• New, shorter CRF-style adjustable clutch and front brake lever.

• New wider footpegs for improved rider control.

• Aluminum shift and brake pedals.

• New CRF-type handlebar grips.

• Honda Racing-inspired colors and graphics.

• Optional HRC(r) Racing Kit available.

• Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.

• Ownership includes one-year complimentary Membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America(tm). Benefits include discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance and much more. For HRCA(r) details, call 1-800-847-HRCA.
    08 YFZ450- Pro- Amor Skid Plates/Nerfs, AC Bumper, Maxxis Razr II's, Cam Mod, Spark Arrestor Removed, Boyesen Quickshot plate, Uni Filter.
    96 Arctic Cat EXT580
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RPDXC

Re: Much More Information On The New 450R

Originally posted by Ryan

• Optional HRC(r) Racing Kit available.
    Wonder what this includes?
    Arctic Cat DVX 300
    Can Am DS 70

Past Rides:
    04 V Force
    04 TRX 450R
    02 400ex
    01 250ex
    87 Tecate 4
    85 Tri-Z
    84 200x

Re: Re: Much More Information On The New 450R

Originally posted by jmoney45
    Wonder what this includes?
    So do I.
    Ultra fast stock 250EX!!! j/k

1992 Pontiac Firebird

I'm a tar heel born I'm a tar heel bred, and when I die I'm a tar heel dead!! Go Heels!!

AIM: Fbirdheelsfan1

Q: How many NC State fans does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: 3. 1 to change it and 2 to talk about how they did it as well as anybody in Chapel Hill.

Listen to Led Zeppelin. Right now. Go.

they forgot one detail....

ugly *** plastic
    www.quadfreestyle.com Your number one site on the web for Quad Freestyle Motocross, featuring ATV Motocross news, ATV freestyle news, forums and blogs!

Graphic Marketing Coordinator
    HPI Racing

the more and more i look at that plastic the more and more i fall in love with that quad
    2002 Honda 400ex
    DG KromeLite bumper
    Duncan Racing p.b. block
    Motion Pro clutch lever
    Aren Bros Nerf bars
    DR Brake Pads F/R
    Renthal TRX bend bars
    Scott Grips
    Tether Kill switch

*Real Motors...Have Valves*

Originally posted by Shift_DVS
    they forgot one detail....

ugly *** plastic
    Im sure that can be fixed with a nice fibe hood .
    08 YFZ450- Pro- Amor Skid Plates/Nerfs, AC Bumper, Maxxis Razr II's, Cam Mod, Spark Arrestor Removed, Boyesen Quickshot plate, Uni Filter.
    96 Arctic Cat EXT580
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RPDXC

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)
    • Lightweight, compact, internal auto decompressor provides superb cold-starting and hot-starting operation.

THANK GOD!!!! it won't be like a yzf426...
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

Yea, I think the plastics look nice... Take the shee for example... At first when I saw the shee I was thinkin that is the ugliest quad I have ever seen, and now when I look at 1 I think it is a beautiful quad... The same will happen with the 450R.
    Ultra fast stock 250EX!!! j/k

1992 Pontiac Firebird

I'm a tar heel born I'm a tar heel bred, and when I die I'm a tar heel dead!! Go Heels!!

AIM: Fbirdheelsfan1

Q: How many NC State fans does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: 3. 1 to change it and 2 to talk about how they did it as well as anybody in Chapel Hill.

Listen to Led Zeppelin. Right now. Go.

Originally posted by balla250ex
    Yea, I think the plastics look nice... Take the shee for example... At first when I saw the shee I was thinkin that is the ugliest quad I have ever seen, and now when I look at 1 I think it is a beautiful quad... The same will happen with the 450R.
    The Shee's looks have never impressed me, it's still gets the fugly award IMO.

I don't mind the new Honda look, kinda stylish but they could have done better. If Farr is gonna race with HRC support they must have some serious bolt-ons coming. The 8 plate clutch gives the impression there's a lot more ponies to be had, time will tell... It'll be interesting to see how the rags handle the head to head comparisons.
    The toy box;
    85 ATC250R
    87 TRX350RPV
    88 TRX250R
    01 TRX400EX
    95 Scrambler 400
    97 Explorer 500
    03 TLD Predator
    04 Predator- Dale Earnhardt Jr. LE
    05 Sportsman 800EFI
    05 Predator 500 Limited Edition
    01 ZR800LE for the white stuff

I like the look of the honda better than the YFZ and the z400 those are too pointy in my opinion
    C&D Racing, the official sponsor of EXriders.com and your #1 aftermarket and OEM parts shop! 402-614-2508

#13 IATVHSS 06 TRX450ER
    08 Heartland Challenge Industry class 1st place
    08 IATVHSS Womens class 1st place
    07 Maxxis 12hr Industry class 1st Place
    07 IATVHSS Womens class 1st place
    06 IATVHSS Womens class 1st place
    05 IATVHSS Womens class 2nd place

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast