Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: not till JANUARY

not till JANUARY

The sad thing is everyone is excited to see the new quad. Thing is nobody will hardly see one untill january. They said it will be availabe in january. Shoot that sucks yamaha announced it and then it was a not long after. I have to give props to yama. for that one. The honda dose look nice though. Is it just me or dose the frame look the same as the 400Ex? if so that is a big dissapointment for me.

Re: not till JANUARY

Originally posted by dasheek
    Is it just me or dose the frame look the same as the 400Ex? if so that is a big dissapointment for me.
    Why the 400 has one of the best frames on the newer bikes.
    2002 400EX - Will be missed
    2004 YZF450 - Dr. D pipe
    2003 400EX - Full LRD pipe
    K@N w/lid removed

Re: not till JANUARY

Is it just me or dose the frame look the same as the 400Ex? if so that is a big dissapointment for me.
    other than havin it be like the alum cannondales, what did u want the frame too look like?
    '00 Budweiser 420SS, XR cam, JE 10.8:1 416 piston, FMF 4Q with Powerbong , AC Pro Pegs, skid & bumper, UniFilter, 6 airbox vents, 42 pilot; 165 main; clip 4 down, chokeless, stock fuel screw position (= 2 1/4 turns out), hydraulic clutch

what is there to change on the 400ex frame??
    - #48 2004 BLUE YFZ 450 -
    One Industries - AC nerfs - Ac Full Skid - AC Bumper - Pro Design Kill Switch - Shockpro shockcovers - PEP Chain relocator - Bullet Parking block off - Motion Pro Twist Throtle - Cam Mod -

Jetting 170 main - 48 pilot - stock needle 5th clip - fuel screw 2 and 3/4 turns - runs awesome

tactial announcement

I think they Announced the TRX now instead of closer to its release date because they are trying to hold on to their customers and have them wait for the TRX inistead fo going for the YFZ. Lets face it, 3-4 months is a long time to wait for a TOy that you want.
    -SeaTec

i was really hoping for an alum. frame like cannondale. I really think it is a shame they went under. They had a good bike. I have nothing wrong with the 400ex frame ( i own one for heaven sake) I was just hoping for something that would really rock!! I agree 3-4 months for a TOY that you really want kind of sucks

I agree 3-4 months for a TOY that you really want kind of sucks
    look at what day this is and think of all the people who died, 3-4 months waiting for a toy is somethin some will never get the opportunity to do
    '00 Budweiser 420SS, XR cam, JE 10.8:1 416 piston, FMF 4Q with Powerbong , AC Pro Pegs, skid & bumper, UniFilter, 6 airbox vents, 42 pilot; 165 main; clip 4 down, chokeless, stock fuel screw position (= 2 1/4 turns out), hydraulic clutch

damn knighttime, that sounds horrible.

Back on topic though the cool thing is that though it is still steel the bike only weighs 350 lbs like the yfz, what advantage is there to aluminum if they both weigh the same thing?

Originally posted by excess
    damn knighttime, that sounds horrible.

Back on topic though the cool thing is that though it is still steel the bike only weighs 350 lbs like the yfz, what advantage is there to aluminum if they both weigh the same thing?
    yfz only has aluminum a-arms
    2005 ATVriders Builder of the Year!!

#47 NEATV - Pro & Pro Am
    BCS Performance - Walsh Race Craft - SF Racing - Scott - Flexx - ASV Inventions - Maxima - Oneal - Regina - RPM - Hiper - AC

The frame is definitely lacking in travel at least. The YFZ has nearly an inch more - front and rear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast