Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TRX450R Specifications

TRX450R Specifications

Check out the Specifications Page and Honda Site Link!

TRX450R Specs

page looks good, i dont think the quad is as ugly as we all think, remember how we all thought the 400 looked wierd first, it kinda grows on yah!
    - #48 2004 BLUE YFZ 450 -
    One Industries - AC nerfs - Ac Full Skid - AC Bumper - Pro Design Kill Switch - Shockpro shockcovers - PEP Chain relocator - Bullet Parking block off - Motion Pro Twist Throtle - Cam Mod -

Jetting 170 main - 48 pilot - stock needle 5th clip - fuel screw 2 and 3/4 turns - runs awesome

They ever state what the top speed was?
    02 400EX
    +2 Houser A-arms
    +4 Axcaliber axle
    Jetted with K&N
    Yoshi full exhaust

Didn't Ben tell you the main page is only suppose to be updated twice a year max - and certainly never the day after major industry news comes out - j/k

Looks good, and since we're on the subject of updates - any news on when we can expect new shirts

Thumbs up

just got back putting my deposit down on a new trx 450r

compare specs YZF TRX

Just a quick look at the specs it looks like Honda might be a little short of the Yamaha. I'm not a Yamaha fan they did built one heck of a quad. I have been waiting to see what Honda comes out with before i buy the new bread of quad.

What gets me is the weight they both are 350 pounds but the Yamaha has electric start and the Honda doesn't. If you buy the kick kit for the YZF you lose 15 pounds.

Then the shocks if you where in the market for a "RACE QUAD" the YZF would be better just look at the travel 9'1 front YZF to 8'4 TRX 10'1 YZF back 9'0 TRX.

Before you all start bashing i'm just saying even though the TRX is cheaper you would spend what you save on the TRX on a rear shock that gives you over 10 inches of travel just to get you up to par with the YZF.

I like the way the quad looks and i bet it will have very few problems. Thats the Honda way but i think the motor will have to really out do the YZF in order for me to choose the TRX over it.
    2001 416ex 10-8-1 piston, HRC cam, GT Thunder play porting, WB slip on, Renthal bars, Magnum nerf bars, OMF scoops, DG skids, PRM front bumper, Ohlins front shocks, K&N power up kit, Edelbrock Quicksilver Carb, PRM a-arms skids SOLD!

but u gotta think man you see how many parts on the yfz break? i have seen a-arms (top) frame welds (near the front motor mount) all break so if its 5 lbs heavier then the yamaha who cares? i know this thing will last like 250r's! how many banshees do you see from 1988 or from 1989? blasters too? cause they arent built to last now the 250r is and still flying with these new quads!

no pun intended, but when yamaha released the yfz they made a big deal about it being the lightest weight quickest accelerating quad with the highes power to weight distribution, and honda didn't really say anything.
    that being said i think the 450r looks good, hopefully it will keep up with the yamaha, and remember they just gave numbers thats all, how the bike will perform is still not proven, i think its bad*****

Think huh!?!

Well, i have seen two lower a-arms bend which ive seen happen to numerous different brand quads before. am not gonna chalk that one up to bad engineering.

Top welds ALL break?? hmm my quad must've not gotten the memo then cause its doing just fine and that with a 6'4" 280lbs monster dude that loves to jump it. Stick with the facts Jack and dont Cry Wolf.

Sorry if i jumped into your Chilie here buddy. Dont want to offend you or anything.

The fact of the matter is that Yes, there will be some minor things wrong with the YFZ as will there be things wrong with the TRX450. I think in the end we will all agree that both quads will perform excellent. Wouldnt you agree?
    -SeaTec

Originally posted by seatec
    The fact of the matter is that Yes, there will be some minor thign wrong wiht the YFZ as will the be things wrong with the TRX450. I think in the end we will all agree that bot quads will perform excellent. Wouldnt you agree?
    i agree completely

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast