Thread: airbox modifications!!!!

airbox modifications!!!!

i was wondering how could i get more air into the motor and i thought of cuttin the airbox and leaving the lid off and stuff like that but i was wondering if there was anything better like puttin some kinda vents on the sides with foam in them or something. has anyone done this, let me know?

i got 6 1" holes in my lid with the uni foam filters in them..works good..but i think im gonna rejet and run with my airbox lid off soon
    06 450r..gutted pipe, rev box mod,shaved fenders, C&D racing sitckers...lots more to come..aint got any money right now
    98 cr125..sst pipe, shorty silencer, rad valve, tag fat bars, wiesco piston,many mods....for sale
    AIM-Diedrich5

buy the sparks racing airbox mod. the mod works great and will let lots more air in. very good mod imo
    Contemplating What To DO

Aim: JDMRexB16
    E-Mail:mx400@comcast.net

I never really care for air box mods. IMO just take the lid off... there you have plenty of air. Then if it rains or is muddy.... just put the lid back on. And when winter comes.. and your bike runs leaner because of the cold... put the lid back on and it helps correct the jetting.

And when you run with your airbox off pull the drain plug, so if any water does get in it just drains out.

I modded an airbox lid before, on my Blaster. I had holes, then then I had holes with filters. It was just a waste of time. And I never had a complete airbox lid for if I did want to do some water or mud riding.
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

I have used the UNI 1" filters wich worked OK, think I had 18 of them on the lid... literaly covered with them.
    Then I tried the EHS lid modification... its like $40 and it runs just like it does with no lid at all, noticable difference. This mod uses Outerwear material to cover the hole with a nice billit frame, it will help keep out water and large debris.
    PS: Ill sell my UNI modified lid cheap, the UNI lid keeps more of the really fine dust out but doesnt breath quite as well.
    2000 400EX
    416, Wiesco 11:1, FDO Studs, XR head gasket, Port and Polished head, 3 angle valve job, Hotcams Stage II, CRF 450 Timing Chain, Jegs Oil Cooler, K&N, EHS Air Box Lid, Choke removed, Sparks X6, 42pilot, 168main, Gusseted Frame, Ohlins, OMF Scoops, Shaved fenders, DG Pro-Pegs, AC front bumper, Armadillo .250 skid, 909 bars, Twist throttle, Maier Handguards, ITP beadlocks, Kenda Klaw XC's, LSR anti-fade hub, Mezaros Billit Bearing Carrier.

hey im new to this stuff so where can i get a EHS lid at?

Red 02' 400EX Wiseco 11:1 Stk bore, Web Cam "Sturdivant" grind, HMF slip-on, ground header, 160MJ 42PJ screw-3 turns out, K&n, outerware, Sparks advance key, alum. diamond tread air box, aux. oilcooler, Arens nerfs, bling bling by Pappy

Red 04' 300EX HMF slip-on, K&n, outerware, Gt Thunder velocity stack