Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My quad wont start...help

My quad wont start...help

I tried to start my 400ex today but it just wont start. Havent really rode it for about 3 months or so, what could be the problem? It wouldnt start for 10 minutes so I just gave up as the battery started to die. Any ideas?
    Red 400EX

Is the kill switch on? Have you checked for spark?Gas turned on?If all else fails try getting someone to pull it,try roll starting.
    Big B

Yea I checked everything, gas and kill switch. I know for sure its not that because it did start for a split second but it wouldnt fully start, even played with choke. Maybe its the spark plugs, it has been sitting for a long time so could the spark plug be the problem?
    Red 400EX

Check the plug for spark,pull it and leave it attached to the boot and ground it out then hit the starter.You should clearly see a spark,if not than change it.
    Big B

If none of that works, you could take off your air filter and spray some carb cleaner into the opening (does have to at least turn over). It should clean it out a little, just don't spray too much at one time. After you spray it let it idle for a little then put your air filter back on. That worked on mine.
    If you don't ride a honda, all you do is suck up gas.
    MSN: SobeAHonda@hotmail.com
    Yellow 400EX

Check the plug for spark,pull it and leave it attached to the boot and ground it out then hit the starter
    Does it mean to take it out and touch the engine case with it, I remember this but forgot how it works. Shouldnt I see the spark if I just let it hang?
    Red 400EX

probably just flooded the engine let it sit for while then try to start it and check the gas vavle again and make sure its on ON
    - 02 400ex for sale
    - 02 300ex for sale
    -03 Cr 250
    -------------------------------

It could be a lot of things, there is a post very much like this in this forum, try reading some of the info it it, ithe link is

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthre...threadid=70754
    94 4trax 300 4x4 01 MXZ 700 01 400ex 86 250R

just use some starting fluid. works on my '87 250 every time.
    2003 4??EX w/: too much stuff to list. im afraid to total the receipts.
    2001 AC ZR600 vev efi le ITS FORSALE
    1995 Chevy S-10 LS 4.3 5speed 6/7 drop with some custom stuff....lowest static in town....

is the engine turning or is anything making a clicking noise? if it is then your battery is dead, if you have no noise than check all the wires...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast