Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quad Wars????

Thumbs down Quad Wars????

Has anyone else seen quad wars at a monster truck show? I saw one this weekend and was real disappointed in how they portrayed the sport and how OBVIOUSLY set up it was! I know it is supposed to be for entertainment but why is it the quads and not the dirt bikers or truck drivers that portray the poor sportsmanship?
    Angelon400ex

SPONSORS
    MY HUSBAND
    Custom Covers
    FASST CO. FLEXX HANDLEBARS
    GT Thunder
    Maier Plastics
    Spider Grips

#546 GNCC and Mideast racer
    2005 400EX

I never ride alone- God pilots my quad!

http://photos.yahoo.com/atvingwoman

I've seen it before. Its a PISS POOR representation of ATVers. Kind of like WWF for ATV. It was stupid then and is stupid now. I have yet to figure out why people actually pay to watch that crap.You have to remember that 90% of the people there to watch are not ATVers or responsible off-roaders,duners, or trail riders. All they know about our sport/hobby is what they see there or read about from the enviromentalists which is all negative. They are there to entertain their kids. I can defineately find better ways to occupy my kids time than that. But as long as people pay to watch that garbage, then the promoters will continue to push it. Too bad.
    KEEP THE DUNES OPEN!! AMERICAN SAND ASSOCIATION Member,FRIENDS of OCEANO DUNES member, Father,Husband and PROUD to be AMERICAN.

I have never been to the Bi-Lo Center to see the monster trucks or the "quad racing". From every thing I have heard it is one of the worst things for the ATV industry. I have some friends who went to see this years show and they were telling me about someone on their quad being pushed into some cars at the end of the race, and the fight afterward. But, they did also say that this years event did not seem as violent (my word, not theirs) as last year. I do not know about this year, but I believe that last year local racers were invited to participate in the race. I can not understand why they would want to be in an event that portrays quad racing the way that "Quad Wars" does. One last thing, why did Grady Miller's Honda sponsor this? I do not see how it could help their sales, it seems to me that it would do the opposite. I would not want to buy an ATV form someone who knowingly makes our sport look so careless and disorganized. However, I did buy my 400EX from them, but that was before they started to sponsor "Quad Wars".
    GNCC/Mideast #146
    450R
    400EX

WHy dont they use 3 wheelers and call it trike wars? they already have a bad image

That would be as of bad taste as the current "quad wars".

i think it would be funny to enter a quad wars race and then instead of listening to the promoter or whatever just go out and smoke every1! lol. i would do it too. i mean whats the worst that could happen? you don't get payed? oh no!
    1985 LT250R < stolen!
    2002 400EX

angelon400ex! wow i have not seen that name for a while.

Went to monster jam last night and I must say quad wars sucked.
    There was a raptor a 400 and the rest were Rs. The raptor one 2 races and he was stock width and everything except a pipe and tires. Here is a funny pic from one the wrecks that were staged.
    Attached Images Attached Images

1986 350R - Drag
    2004 450R - XC

Grady Miller must not give a hoot about what image the quad wars promotes to kids. There are plenty of kids uninformed enough in the sport that would think all riding a quad is about is crash derby and throwing some punches. I didn't know anything about what we were getting into and thought it was going to be a legitimate race. I had to explain to my little boy that they were being stupid and it wasn't real. They didn't make the monster truck drivers look stupid or the dirt bikes. Why didn't they have the dirt bikes flip each other off midair or crash just to appeal to the crowd? Or why didn't they have the truck drivers get out and roll around in the dirt fighting? I have only seen people act that dumb when they were drunk and the people I ride with have more sense. I just know it is the most awesome sport and quad wars does not show that.
    Hi, Coryatver!
    Angelon400ex

SPONSORS
    MY HUSBAND
    Custom Covers
    FASST CO. FLEXX HANDLEBARS
    GT Thunder
    Maier Plastics
    Spider Grips

#546 GNCC and Mideast racer
    2005 400EX

I never ride alone- God pilots my quad!

http://photos.yahoo.com/atvingwoman

I've got friends that I race with that are riding the Quad Wars this weekend in Raleigh. Yes it is fake. They want you to go act crazy and have fun, not really flip each other off and stuff, although some do. They wanted me to race, but my bike is apart, and I wouldn't want to tear it up anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast