Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Canada border crossing with quads?????

Yikes....was the trailer locked to the truck?
    Jeff Stoess
    Team GATEWAY KORHS
    Kawasaki KX450F

One four wheeler in the back of the truck, three on the trailer. Guess it was easier to steal it, and unload it at the spot of there chosing, then in the hotel parking lot.
    Like I said, check your insurance, you may find out you have no coverage outside the US.

Molson beer is GARBAGE
    you need Keiths!!!!
    So jeff ur comin to visit me huh?
    2007 can am outlander 800

Ya, leave the ligh on!
    Jeff Stoess
    Team GATEWAY KORHS
    Kawasaki KX450F

I would definately make sure you have ownership papers, or proof of sale! Otherwise your ATV's aren't comming over.... I asked about this before, when I was going to get and ATV from the states with no owner ship...

By the way you guys are funny... I got a fridge full of canadian beer down stairs, not a wussy bar fridge either, a regular sized one.... Just beause your beer is like water! LMAO Doesn't mean you have to take ours away!

Where are you going Jeff? Come visit me too, my shed could use a few more ATV's in it!
    94 4trax 300 4x4 01 MXZ 700 01 400ex 86 250R

I have a fridge full of beer too. Canadian beer.... Yeah thats what I am talking about LOL. DEAL Keiths is pretty good, I have gotten used to molson canadian, so now I am hooked. But As long as my beers cold I dont complain. That would be strange if your beer was weak then you come up here and its stronger. Oh well, what can I say we are lucky. Can you guys return your bottles and cans too ? I can get 10 cents a peice here.
    If you dont ride an R, Why Bother Riding at All?

SS265R
    LRD LSR JB ELKA X-FACTOR TAG RAD SUNSTAR FIBE

I want to give a BIG thank you to Quadpro for all their help in helping me get my R rolling

1988 Toyota 4Runner, 5spd w/ 33x12.5's
    1989 Chevy s10 w/ v8 Conversion, slammed and all the goodies.

Originally posted by nacs400ex
    I have a fridge full of beer too. Canadian beer.... Yeah thats what I am talking about LOL. DEAL Keiths is pretty good, I have gotten used to molson canadian, so now I am hooked. But As long as my beers cold I dont complain. That would be strange if your beer was weak then you come up here and its stronger.

my normal beer is 5%...but when you drink 12-14 of them in a 6-7 hour period, that extra 2-3% really kicks in... and I'm talking about Triple X... not your normal beer. Trust me, Triple X is not the best tasting, but it gets the job done. When you get some hair on your chest, you'll know what I'm sayin....
    Eric

- '00 400EX
    ...with some stuff.

Jeff , where abouts in Canada are you comming??? Best thing I can tell you about crossing the border is that you declare the bikes before you cross into Canada . Stop in at customs and ask them for a declaration slip , write down the VIN #'s of the bikes . That way , when you come back across , they wont nail you for stealing or for taxes. That's my best suggestion . And that Triple XXX beer is nasty tasting but it'll get you smashed pretty quick and to a point where you'll black out and pass out . I'm used to drinking 12 - 14 Molson Canadians, give me 5 Triple XXX and i'm wasted . Try Keith's or some Moosehead . Good stuff .
    2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660 .... Loaded !!!!

Working Together Towards A Common Goal --- Quitting Time !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx75Zoa_kVw&feature=related

Canada Crossing

Hello:

Crossing into Canada isn't bad. We've done it many times, and I've never had any paperwork. I like the idea of getting some official document on the way over however. The Canadian border people are usually pretty nice, and they just ask a few questions like where you are going, how long you intend to stay, and that's about it. They also ask if you have any guns, so if you do, don't try to bring them over. They get upset about that, and don't screw with them. They are nice, but they take the job seriously.. It's about as easy as driving into Ohio. It's usually harder getting back into this country. Sometimes OUR border guard can be the prick! They want to know what you bought, and how long you have been gone. Only once did any of them comment that it would be helpfull to have some paperwork on the quad in case I "stole" it in Canada. Hey border A--hole, you can buy them cheaper in Canada because of the stronger dollar. There is no point in "stealing" one. Here's a story for you though.

John Pellan (The race promoter) was traveling to the Pontiac Silverdome for a stadium race a couple years ago. Along with him was Mathew Coulter, the quad jumping record holder. John lives in Ohio, and Mathew was staying with him for the summer as Mathew had many stunts lined up in the states. The night before the race they decided to go to Canada for "entertainment." (There's lots of it across from Detroit too) THen the trouble began.... Unfortunately, when they crossed the border they could not get into Canada because Matt is Australian and did not have his visa travel permit. THen they turned around to come home. Now he could not get back into the US either, because it was left at Johns house in Ohio. They were stuck between the borders, and the border guards began to get curious, and suspect the worst. When they looked inside Johns van they found blood all over. The night before they had taken home one of their friends who smacked herself on the door corner and had been bleeding everywhere for a couple minutes. Now the border people were reallly concerned, and basically they took Johns van apart until they were convinced the whole situation was OK. After that they were allowed back into the US. ALso, my cousin decided it would be fun to skip a day of school and drive into Canada with his friend who happened to be an exchange student. It was going great right up until they had to come back home. The exchange student couldn't get back because HIS visa was at the house. My cousin ended up driving 3 hours home, getting the vise, and then 3 hours back to the border to get his buddy. It made for a long day. True story!
    JA

lol....talk about a bad day!!!!
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast