Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada border crossing with quads?????

Hybrid View

Canada border crossing with quads?????

I need some quick help!
    Has anyone on here gone across the canadian border with quads? I am going to be crossing the boder on monday but I don't have paper work on 2 of the quads. Has anyone been checked and did they ask you for proof of ownership?

thanks,
    Jeff Stoess
    Team GATEWAY KORHS
    Kawasaki KX450F

Just get ma green smocks across and don't worry about the POS quads....

call customs ....best i can tell ya
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Sorry I cant be of any help either, but I would think you need the papers... they might not ask for them, but if you get a jackass border guy, they might want to know ownership.... I do some dig'n
    Eric

- '00 400EX
    ...with some stuff.

where are you crossing? when we went on our fishing trip (on the way back to the us) the guy asked us if we bought any beer there. we said "no" and he said "why not? you should have its super cheap up there" lol. next time we will probaby come back with a truck full of beer
    Mike Hurd
    Revulsion Industries

))FQX((

Here is some information I dug up...

entering into Canada

Information about taking a race car into Canada

Here is an article I found that should answer your questions though.... its about race teams and their equipment. This might be an overkill... you may just drive on through....

CROSSING THE CANADIAN BORDER

Crossing into Canada is not something that race teams should fear. The Canadian government is merely asking you to ensure that all of the race equipment you bring to Canada is taken with you as you leave.

As an assurance to the government, Mosport Park has posted a bond on which race teams from the United States can enter Canada if they are racing at Mosport. The following procedures will ensure speedy passage across the border into Canada :

1. Prepare a typed inventory of your racing equipment. This inventory should include all large items individually. It is not usually necessary to list each bolt and nut separately, however. We also suggest that you have this list notarized, or stamped at US Customs as you leave the U.S.A. to ease your re-entry to the United States .

2. When you arrive at Canada Customs, ask to fill out an E29B permit. Fill out the permit as completely as possible. The Customs agents will assist you if you need help. The Canada Customs Bond (Copy attached) is with The CGU Insurance Company of Canada . The Bond No. is 25022-98. Your inventory list will be attached to the E29B permit. Please note that the Customs Bond issued through General Accident allows for the temporary importation of goods to Canada . This bond is a continuous bond, which is effective from the issue date of May 1, 2002 thru May 1, 2003 .

3. This is the most important step. When leaving Canada , go to Canada Customs and ask to have the permits cancelled AND keep the stamped copy as a record that you’ve taken all of your equipment back to the United States .

4. All persons entering Canada should have a birth certificate, or passport to prove your nationality. If you are bringing pets with you, be sure to have current documented proof of a rabies vaccination.

If you have additional questions about border crossings, contact the Mosport Park office at (905) 983-9141.

The following information may also assist with your temporary importing of race equipment to Canada . The Canadian Government authorizes race teams to import racecars and equipment into Canada by non-residents to participate in racing events. These activities are authorized under the provisions of Customs memoranda D8-1-1 Temporary Importation (tariff item 9993.00.00) Regulations. Also the Goods and Services Tax (GST) is entitled to a full relief under special authority codes 38-089Z1663 and 41-089Z1663.

Code 38 allows the importation of cars and other conveyances and repair parts and repair equipment therefor: all of the foregoing when used in racing.

Code 41 allows for non-resident teams or athletes or their support personnel to import athletic equipment and apparel and training or other equipment of their use in connection with professional or organized amateur sports activities, but excluding goods provided for under item 38.
    Eric

- '00 400EX
    ...with some stuff.

Yeah besides the smocks remember to bring me back some good molson beer....

Originally posted by Rico
    Yeah besides the smocks remember to bring me back some good molson beer....

Triple X !!!!
    Eric

- '00 400EX
    ...with some stuff.

thanks alot Mofo.....thats a big help!
    Jeff Stoess
    Team GATEWAY KORHS
    Kawasaki KX450F

Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
    thanks alot Mofo.....thats a big help!

No problem... if you can, bring some Molson Triple X back for the H/M ride in Sept. We'll see if the 'coon can handle his booze...
    Eric

- '00 400EX
    ...with some stuff.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast