Thread: Quad is hard to push when it is in gear, yes the clutch is in.

Quad is hard to push when it is in gear, yes the clutch is in.

I just got down putting my new Lonestar axle on and love it. Something is wrong tho. When it is in gear and I pull the clutch in and go to push the quad it is very, very hard to push, almost like the clutch is not engaged (sp?) What could this be? Was not like this before I put the new axle on. When it is in neutral it is fine, also the oil has been drained, could this have anything to do with it? Thanks.
    C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

SOLD ---------- SOLD

2001 400ex, JE 416 10.8:1, Hotcams Stage 2 Cam, C&D Racing Port and Polish, Viton Valve seals, 39mm FCR Carb, Complete Curtis Sparks X-6 Exhuast, Sparks Timing Key, Magnum Rev Limiter, Sparks 8 Plate Clutch, Race Cut Fenders with CarbonFiber Hood with Scoop w/ mesh insert, Magura Hydrolic Clutch, Steel braided clutch line, Holeshots MX Rear on Red Labels, Holeshot MX Front on Red Labels, K&N Air Filter with Prefilter, ShockWears, AC Skid Plate, and Polished Propeg Nerfs, TAG X-5 Bars, Kill Switch, DR Blockoff Plate, OMF Radiator Shrouds, Elka Triple Rate SSD, Rear Elka Rebuild, +2 Houser a-arms (HammerTone and Chrome), Lonestar Axcaliber 2 + 2 axle, Polished Motor Mounts and Sidecase, DR number plates, PEP Steering Stabilizer.

C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

the clutch may not be warmed up or you may have to adjust the cable on the lever so that it engages. another thing that i dont think is that problem but you should check is see if the chain is too tight.
    2001 Blaster: Lone Star +4" roundhousing swingarm, Works Dual-rate fronts, Graydon Proline pipe and silencer, Trenga Racing's oil injection block off kit, RK "RX" 108 link chain, 18x11x8 turfs on douglas rims, 20x6x10 holeshots on douglas rims , Aktive reeds, Trenga Racing billet reed spacer, DynoJet race needle & jetts, UNI dual-stage filter, Motion-Pro brake cable for extended swingarm, Talon 40t rear sprocket, Renthal 14t front sprocket, ProDesign kill switch, Renthal yz125 bars w/ MSR grips, shaved front plastics. Lots more to come....

Our raptor is like that too..maybe the clutch is burnt out of it?

and Trengablaster3, I couldnt help but notice, your blaster is now a 2001, and last time i looked it was a 1986...
    (C) A HARD-ARSE PRODUCTION
    Hardarse Clan>Admin>Joo

YXZ1000R

LED Performance JRD Narrow Puma 434

he was just kidding around with the 1986 blaster. It really is a 2001. He wants to sell it though and get a Banshee. He's gonna kill me though with a Banshee!
    ~2001 Yellow 400ex, K&N filter with Pre-filter, POLISHED Supertrapp IDS2 silencer, 20" rear Holeshots tires, Braking brake pads, Black Shockers Shockcovers, Renthal 400ex bend bars w/ oury grips, Pro Design tether kill switch, JE 440 big bore 10.5-1 piston, Dyno Jet Stage 2 kit, Removed air box lid, Duncan Racing aluminum nerfs, AC Racing full chassis skid plate, Race cut plastic, AC Racing mudscreen bumper, and a 42 pilot jet and removed choke.
    *SOLD*

yeah

yeah but i got a recon locked and loaded so i'm set

that brings up a question I have, when I put my quad in reverse when I first start up and have to pull out of the garage, i moves on its own w/ the clutch in. i can give it gas with it still in and i will move backwards, only in reverse. once it is warm or i have done it once or twice, it is fine. do you know whats wrong?

dave
    1986 Honda 265R, New 89 motor, ported and polished by East Coast ATV, New Stock Honda clutch/clutch basket, FMF reed cage/ spacer/ and rad valve, 38mm keihn airstriker carb, K&N w/ outerwares, FMF fatty pipe, powercore 2 and Q silencer, Laeger +2 arms, Maier plastics, BAD saddle seat cover, Works triple rate steelers w/ rezzies, MOB aluminum swingarm, Lonestar dualrow bearing carrier, Durablue +2 axle, Durablue adjustable strut, AC Bumper, AC grab bar, AC nerfs, AC chassis skid, Lonestar anti-vibe steering stem, Lonestar handlebar clamp, Renthal bars, Douglas 190's w/ holeshots, Front and rear SS brake lines, Speed easy pull clutch lever, anti-fade locknut, SS bolt kit, Rocky mountain swingarm skid, and some more little goodies!

Football, baseball, soccer, golf, and tennis
    all take one ball
    Racing takes two!

SN: CrasHing3283

lol yeah hott i was kiddin around, i said it was an 86 cuz they didnt even make em then. 300 ask 400exjoe about the clutch he told me somethin a while ago about clutches having to warm up or something about having to squeeze it a few times....
    2001 Blaster: Lone Star +4" roundhousing swingarm, Works Dual-rate fronts, Graydon Proline pipe and silencer, Trenga Racing's oil injection block off kit, RK "RX" 108 link chain, 18x11x8 turfs on douglas rims, 20x6x10 holeshots on douglas rims , Aktive reeds, Trenga Racing billet reed spacer, DynoJet race needle & jetts, UNI dual-stage filter, Motion-Pro brake cable for extended swingarm, Talon 40t rear sprocket, Renthal 14t front sprocket, ProDesign kill switch, Renthal yz125 bars w/ MSR grips, shaved front plastics. Lots more to come....

IT'S JUST COLD......

they all do it at start up......ride it around for a while get it warm and put it in rever's..doesn't move....i don't under stand it thats just the way it is.......also when you put it in gear cold it jumps forward right.?.....same thing..warm it up....
    W1DE5PREADPANIC@AOL.COM

TAKE IT FROM A PRO
    ......JUST SAY NO......

What you described is normal on 300ex's. It's just because its cold.
    -2001 300ex-
    -1999 400ex-

scag

scag post a picture of that recon sounds bad