Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: blaster...what do you think of it?

blaster...what do you think of it?

what do you think of my YAMAHA blaster?
    01 Blue blaster : Holsapples Recreation Vehicles, Bearsville NY

looks like a blaster with different tires, a pipe, and some handguards.................how did I do?

moving to the non-honda forum..................................
    In memory of Christopher (Chrissy) Riley Andrews / 1-24-02 to 1-23-06
    we love you Chrissy

wow...its a blasturd. But I decided i wasnt going to flame anyone this week so I will keep my real thoughts to myself..
    (C) A HARD-ARSE PRODUCTION
    Hardarse Clan>Admin>Joo

YXZ1000R

LED Performance JRD Narrow Puma 434

Looks like another victim for the 300... truthfully, I like what you did with the hubs. My stepbro has his Blaster's front hubs painted a black and white spiral, looks really cool when he's going slow (almost all the time).
    High-Tech Redneck Drag team

Super Clean '96 300ex -Big gun and other goodies
    Not so super clean prodject '96 300ex-stock looking super sleeper

Other toys in the High-Tech Redneck Drag team's garage include:
    '96 300ex-manditory Big Gun and other goodies
    '95 TRX 90-Manditory Big Gun
    '99 Blaster-For sale
    '96 CR 125
    '87 YZ 125
    '00 250ex-Manditory Big gun

Hooked on red quads, red headed women, and rock and roll!

'96 300ex for sale (the super clean one) buy me! buy me! (410) 991-1286

i dont want any of you to keep your thoughts to urself...personally im in the mood to here u flame. and just so u know, a stock blaster vs. a stock 300. the blaster is faster. add tires and rims and it handles better. and its still cheaper than a 300. i beat my friends 300(piped) alot. hes a good rider to, he has more experience than me. but his o'so reliable honda has had 2 cam chain failures...way to go on one that honda!!!
    01 Blue blaster : Holsapples Recreation Vehicles, Bearsville NY

He must not be as good a rider as you think. I dragged my stepbro five times on my stock (at the time) 300. His has full FMF exhaust with a K&N filter and Razrs all around. This was my FIRST DAY on my new quad. We raced across a field. Out of those five times, we were neck & neck 3 times and i pulled ahead twice. ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME THAT HIS MODS DECREASED HORSEPOWER?!?! Of course i heard the usual Yamaha excuses "I couldn't get traction" "I missed a gear" "You got off the line before he said go" and all the other BS that you blaster riders use to make up for the lack of performance. And you can ask every blaster owner around here, they've all "missed gears" when they've raced my 300. I have yet to be beat by a blaster. That POS better have some serious engine work if you want to keep up with a 300. Maybe when you turn 13 your mommy and daddy will buy you a real quad. Good luck racing the 300's kid. I've got to run up to they yamaha dealer so my stepbro can buy some more brake pads.

'99 Blaster-For sale
    '96 CR 125
    '87 YZ 125

oh, and you were right about one thing... Everything about the blaster is cheaper than a 300... motor, suspention, chassis... i think that covers it. Oops, forgot the brakes! Gotta love them blaster brakes... the things doesn't stop and it sure doesn't go.

'99 Blaster-For sale
    '96 CR 125
    '87 YZ 125

Originally posted by 96300ex
    He must not be as good a rider as you think. I dragged my stepbro five times on my stock (at the time) 300. His has full FMF exhaust with a K&N filter and Razrs all around. This was my FIRST DAY on my new quad. We raced across a field. Out of those five times, we were neck & neck 3 times and i pulled ahead twice. ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME THAT HIS MODS DECREASED HORSEPOWER?!?! Of course i heard the usual Yamaha excuses "I couldn't get traction" "I missed a gear" "You got off the line before he said go" and all the other BS that you blaster riders use to make up for the lack of performance. And you can ask every blaster owner around here, they've all "missed gears" when they've raced my 300. I have yet to be beat by a blaster. That POS better have some serious engine work if you want to keep up with a 300. Maybe when you turn 13 your mommy and daddy will buy you a real quad. Good luck racing the 300's kid. I've got to run up to they yamaha dealer so my stepbro can buy some more brake pads.
    First off, they dont need serious engine work. Pro circuit pipe, rad valve, wiseco piston, and jetting and they will smoke you.

Second, they dont have brake pads, they use drum brakes...right PhReStYlE28?

oh and dont come back at me and say you will beat me in a drag, cause you CANT, there isnt a chance.
    (C) A HARD-ARSE PRODUCTION
    Hardarse Clan>Admin>Joo

YXZ1000R

LED Performance JRD Narrow Puma 434

Well, HOTT440, they use disc brakes. Don't percieve that as a smart @$$ response, i just know that because i was working on some earlier and i hate being corrected. Just a pet peeve of mine.

Ok, maybe not serious engine work. I just wrote that because i was pissed. However, a stock blaster WILL NOT beat a 300ex. Don't even bother trying to argue that one. That's what this punk was saying, and it's simply false. Now, my brother's slightly modded blaster gave me a run for my money, when my 300 was stock.

Now, i have never been beat by a blaster. This statement is absolutly true. But, most of the buys around here who have blasters don't have 240 kits and pistons and stuff. They normally stop at exhaust and intake. Then they sell their blaster and move on to bigger, better things... such as banshees, 400ex's, and (gasp) 300ex's. I'm not saying that a real deal blaster couldn't whoop me. All i'm saying is that this guys piped blaster needs a bit more than that before he can start talking trash about 300's.

Also, i did not start out flaming this guy. I said it looks like prey for a 300. Where i come from that's a joke or, at the most, friendly rivalry. Then i preceeded to compliment him on a clean quad with nice looking hubs. I still think they look nice, and if i had a blaster i'd probably do the same thing. He's the one that gave me a smart *** reply.

And HOTT440, I'm not so stuck up as to think i could beat you. I realize what this kid needs to figure out: There are better quads out there than the one i own! Here's an old racer's tip for you kid, there's always someone faster.

'99 Blaster-For sale
    '96 CR 125
    '87 YZ 125

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)
    hott the front are drum brakes the rear are cable disc... the one weakness of the balster is the breaks... thats why u see companys like hetricks sellin rear brake coversions to hydro disc bc the cable sucks... and u see people mounting banshee front brakes onto the front of the blaster....

and i have seen a stock blaster beat a fmf megamax 300ex b4 it was almost even but the blaster won.... i think they had stock gearing to not sure...
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast