Thread: HOTCAM Stage 2

HOTCAM Stage 2

well I ordered a HOTCAM Stage 2 today,, can anyone give me a heads up on the performance I should recieve?? Bad Boy 416 is supposed to help me install new clutches on my 406 also this week... Anyone know of a good timing chain that wont stretch.. and Also,, If I get a XR 400 Gasket for the head,, will it affect the given valve clearances for the new cam???? And since its thinner,, will I have to much compression for that gasket???? Any help or advice would be nice,, talk to you all later
    HONDA 440EX
    12.5:1 Wiseco
    Carrillo Rod
    FDO Heavy duty head studs
    1mm Over Black diamond intake valves
    Black Diamond valve springs/w Titanium retainers
    Port & Polished headwork
    HOTCAMS Stage 2
    High-Rev Box(unlimited)
    Yoshi Pipes
    Edlebrock Quicksilver Carb.
    K&N Filter
    LONESTAR +1 rear axle
    LONESTAR Dual row bearing carrier
    SeVen Racing Oversized Oil Tank/w vents

http://www.geocities.com/frogburner/darins.html

You'll feel less bottom end, a little more mid range, and a hell of alot more top end.
    TRX440EX: Ross 11.2:1 piston, Advanced Sleeve-sleeve, Hotcams Stage 2 cam, P&P head with port matched intake and 3 angle valve job, Uni filter, White Brothers Pro-Meg exhaust and rev Box, stock carb w/choke removed 172 main, 42 pilot, needle on 4th clip (no air box lid), OMF scoops, Elka shocks

04' YFZ450S: HMF exhaust, cam mod, Alba Pro-flow w/K&N

if you are using the wiseco piston, your won't have too much compression. i would say get all of the compression you can get. i was told that the 11 compression wiseco piston is about 10. a thinner gasket may raise the compression 1 to 3 tenths. the wiseco piston for the 400ex is actually the piston for the xr400 dirtbike so the compression ratings are wrong for the 400ex. the gasket won't have anything to do with the valve clearance. you will need to run hotcams recommended clearances for the valves.
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."

Originally posted by cals400ex
    if you are using the wiseco piston, your won't have too much compression. i would say get all of the compression you can get. i was told that the 11 compression wiseco piston is about 10. a thinner gasket may raise the compression 1 to 3 tenths. the wiseco piston for the 400ex is actually the piston for the xr400 dirtbike so the compression ratings are wrong for the 400ex. the gasket won't have anything to do with the valve clearance. you will need to run hotcams recommended clearances for the valves.
    the gasket won't have anything to do with the valve clearance.
    When He said valve clearance, I think he was talking about piston to valve clearance. As in, will his valve come into contact with his piston?
    2000 400ex 11:1 Wiseco,stage 2 Hotcam, WB R4 full exhaust,WB rev box, K&N/OW, 450r carb, no lid, +2 a-arms,Works shocks,GForce axle,chrome stem,fat bars,250r hood, brake blockoff, ASV clutch lever, race cut fender.

2003 Cr250 White plastics, V Force 3 reed cage.

rumor has it you can run can run a crf 450 timing chain and it would be like running a heavy duty t/chain from sparks or any other engine builder i plan on buying one here soon

OhioMafiaRiders.com

2002 KTM 520SX

2002 Silver GT450ex Back in Black and stroked by GT Thunder

wanna fight............... how bout you stick your head up my butt and fight for air

Originally posted by dariusld
    When He said valve clearance, I think he was talking about piston to valve clearance. As in, will his valve come into contact with his piston?
    sorry, i got you now. you should be fine running the thinner gasket. actually when i ordered my cam and piston, they recommended the thinner gasket. many people run the thinner one with great success, i would get it.
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."