Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good kids quads???

Hybrid View

Good kids quads???

My son is allmost 4 & I"m going to be getting him a 4-wheeler for christmas....My quistion is what are some good 4-wheelers out there for kids??[priced fair] the market is full of them but alot of the little quads out there I think I might have prob's getting parts if I need some.....Thanks..
    2000 400ex WHITE BROTHERS E-SERIES PIPE
    K&N JET KIT & FILTER
    RENTHAL BARS, MSR RAPTOR CLUTCH LEVER & "TINNER SCOOPS" SHOCKWEARS,BLACK OEM HONDA SEAT
    AC-FRONT BUMBER, PRM- GRAB BAR & SKID PLATE,
    DURABLUE AXLE, PRO DESIGN KILL SWITCH,
    DG- NERF BARS with WIDE FOOT PEGS

well, if he is ready to shift get him a trx 70(used of course) or a trx90, but if he isnt reaady to shift id say a LT50
    2001 Honda 300ex- White Brothers AC Fly Maxxis Emgo UNI Sunstar Regina Moose etc...
    AIM name-DivinsHonda
    My Site

the trx90 is a great quad for the little ones,my cousin has one and it really does hold up and preform well
    92 Patriotic Styled 250x
    99 yamaha gp1200 (this thing rips)
    97 sea doo gtx
    93 arctic cat ext 550
    99 arctic cat Zr600
    96 GMC Jimmy, Rims/Tires, CAI, Spintech Exhaust
    89 TOTALED s-10 blazer R.I.P.

do you want a lil racer quad or just a mini quad not intending for racing?
    03 Z400 - HMF full exhaust system, K&N filter kit, ac bumper, prm skid plate, burgard rear beadlocks, galfer rear wave rotor

Just a little mini quad. somthing for him to start out on to learn the basics. I'm thinking about getting him a 90cc & then turning the governor way down, I don't want him to out grow it in a year...
    2000 400ex WHITE BROTHERS E-SERIES PIPE
    K&N JET KIT & FILTER
    RENTHAL BARS, MSR RAPTOR CLUTCH LEVER & "TINNER SCOOPS" SHOCKWEARS,BLACK OEM HONDA SEAT
    AC-FRONT BUMBER, PRM- GRAB BAR & SKID PLATE,
    DURABLUE AXLE, PRO DESIGN KILL SWITCH,
    DG- NERF BARS with WIDE FOOT PEGS

i say the lt80. thats wat my lil bro staretd on. hes learned everything on it. i was impressed, he got on a blaster and rode it and didnt even stall it, of course he did take it slow and didnt ride in the powerband. but the lt80 has lots of power and potentail and makes it be one of, if not the best starter quad

I say go with the lt80. He wont grow out of it for a good amount of time, and they are very reliable and easy to ride. We have a backup full start so if the battery dies you can still ride it and it has turf tamers on the rear which really added to stability. They are great quads and finding parts for them isnt hard
    Looking for any stock/aftermarket banshee parts....pm me

lt80 a real good starter quad easy to find parts for

TRX90!!!!! my sister has one and it is AWSOME it will even pull you around! just with a little adjustment of the throttle screw i hope you get one you won't regret it
    Chevy K5 Blazer- Under MASS Construction
    1989 1500 4x4- Daily Driver

I would recommend a quad with a manual gear box. I got my son a Kaysea 90 which has an automatic. The problem with the auto is that it has absolutely no engine braking, and worse yet, it picks up speed when descending a hill without any throttle. So they are forced to learn throttle control and braking control at the same time. He got the hang of it but it took several crashes before he did.
    I thought an automatic would be a better choice because it eliminated one thing to learn right off (shifting). But in hind sight, a gearbox is, IMO, better. My niece learned on a TRX90 and it worked out better because as she progressed, she graduated into a higher and faster gear.

Just my $.02
    05 450R
    02 400EX
    02 Kasea 90

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast