Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CT vs Hetrick

CT vs Hetrick

Which do u think is going to give the best overall power, best sound, give the best look and which do u think is built the best? Ive never ridden either one of these so i dont know what to hope for in each of them. Help me decide!

an its for a 400ex, the CT pipe would be the Midrange and the hetrick race one.......
    2001 Red 416ex #82

Parting out a 2000 Blaster
    Click here For blaster Parts

Parting out a 2001 TRX400EX as well, PM me for information

I have the Hetrick exhaust, and it's an awesome pipe. Great overall power. It sounds good, but it is loud. I don't have any experience with the CT pipe, but have heard it is a nice pipe. Just doesn't get much recognition on this site for some reason. What strikes me most about my exhaust is the quality. It is very nicely made and looks great.
    2001 416EX
    Yeah, it's tuned.

I have a CT pipe (as well as a Sparks, LRD, and an FMF powercoreIV)...

The Hetrick and CT look identical - it would not surprise me at all if the same fabricator makes both... Have a look:

CT:

Note that the mount bracket and even the location of the rivets in the bodies are the same...

The one thing that I don't like about these pipes is that the header is almost an exact replica of the stock header - tube diameters, bends, etc... In fact, if the stock header were a tad shorter, this silencer would slip right on.

Originally posted by 86atc250r
    I have a CT pipe (as well as a Sparks, LRD, and an FMF powercoreIV)...
    Which is your personal favorite? Im looking into hetrick, LRD or sparks, and CT if its the same as hetrick. I heard sparks has very poor quality (ceramic rusts) but the best power. and the hetrick is very quality and almost as good as sparks. Where does the power come in on a hetrick and sparks? mid to top? Hows the LRD? Thanks in advance.

CT, Hetrick, Graydon, and Alba are all made by Power Pros. to the companys specs some of the pipes look very similar none of them are exactley the same.

For power, the Sparks is the best. However, build quality is poor.

For build quality, the CT/Hetrick is the best. It doesn't have any of the problems that the Sparks does like hitting the caliper, and although I haven't had to pack it yet, it appears like it will be much easier to pack.

The LRD had some of the same problems the Sparks has - this is one of their older pipes, maybe they've corrected the newer ones?. In addition, it caused a jetting issue I could not fix without going to a leaner needle. I would never have guessed that a pipe that looks so similar to the Sparks would make such a drastic jetting change. About the only difference is the length of the two header tubes before the collector and the collector diameter.

The FMF was a slip on - sounded nasty due to it's rolled end cap. It also had serious problems seizing onto the stock header pipe. Power seemed fine although not as good as the Sparks.

Power delivery with all these pipes was very similar - the Sparks delivered the best drag times, but not by much. Also my Sparks is an X4. My racing partner has an X6 on a stock bike, it will typically outrun any other piped only 400 we've put it up against.

Don't you hate compromises?

how much is the CT pipe?
    '02 300ex
    Stock 400ex tires
    K&N air filter w/ airbox lid removed
    AC nerf bars
    Works dual rate front shocks
    Pro Design kill switch
    Curtis Sparks Racing full exhaust system

'00 400ex
    K&N air filter w/ outerwear
    18" Holeshot MXR rears
    8" Burgard rear beadlocks
    20" Razr MX fronts
    AC nerf bars
    Pro Design kill switch
    Shaved fenders
    Custom Axis triple rate fronts
    PRP racing +2 a arms
    Lonestar 0-4 adjustable axle

Originally posted by 86atc250r
    For power, the Sparks is the best. However, build quality is poor.

For build quality, the CT/Hetrick is the best. It doesn't have any of the problems that the Sparks does like hitting the caliper, and although I haven't had to pack it yet, it appears like it will be much easier to pack.

Don't you hate compromises?
    How is the performance on the hetrick/ct compared to a sparks. I might have to go with a more quality product like hetrick even though it may be slower instead of one i will have problems with like sparks, although sparks does have more power. I hate compromises

I have the hetricks pipe with the supertrapp spark arrester and it quiets it down alot, I had the powerbomb and t-4 before, with the spark arrester the hetricks is way quieter.

I have raced the last 6 races with the Hetrick Pipe and love it. I have no experience with the CT but looking at the pics that Gabe posted they look to be the same exact pipes. What's inside of them is unknown. I love the quality of the Hetrick Pipe. I don't know what the price is on the CT but the Hetrick is very good for a whole system compared to Sparks. I am really happy with Hetrick customer service. They are just really nice people to deal with. If you have any questions just ask.

Ray
    1999 400EX-99 Hetrick Racing 416 motor, FCR 39mm Carb, Hetrick Racing full exhaust, 2000 pc'd and gusseted frame, 450R shocks w/ GTT springs, Elka converted rear stock shock w/ GTT XC link, Hiper wheels w/ Holeshot XCT's, Graydon Nerfs and steering stabilizer, PRM Bumper and full skids, Wave rear rotor, TrailTech Computer, Sidewinder Ti-Moly Chain and Sprockets, Cycra handguards, +1 Steering stem and Protaper bars

07 DRR 70 Built by Hetrick Racing, w/Elka Shocks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast