Aight guys, lets get another ride together. We didnt get one up back in Spring and last fall no one showed up (besides me, castor, and fearthisracer) b/c you all were panzy's and wouldnt ride in a little mud.

Looks like the best time would be the October 3-5 weekend. It should be mild weather, but most of ya know how crazy weather gets round here in the fall.

Ok, here's the info:

We will be meeting in the main field (like in April 02 for those of you who were there). Its the field located on the right as you enter the park and stop at the gate house.

Directions... best thing you could probably use is MapQuest.com

www.lbl.org

Maps
Map Listings: http://www2.lbl.org/lbl/VCMaps.html
Turkey Bay Map (shows the main trails and entrance): http://www2.lbl.org/lbl/LBLTurkeyBay00.pdf

Rules
Off-Highway Vehicle use is permitted only in the Turkey Bay OHV Area. An LBL OHV permit is required, and all OHV's must be registered with LBL.

All riders are required to wear approved safety helmets while vehicles are in operation, except in vehicles with fully enclosed metal cabs and/or roll bar protection.

Operators and passengers of motorized vehicles, except motorcycles and ATV's, must use a fastened seatbelt while the vehicle is in use.

OHV's must have properly functioning spark arresters and mufflers.

Riding is permitted from sunrise to sunset only.

No person under age 16 may operate an ATV with an engine size exceeding 90 cc displacement and no person under age 12 may operate an ATV with an engine size exceeding 70 cc, according to Kentucky state law.

Under Kentucky state law, direct parental supervision is required at all times for persons under age 16 operating an ATV.

Use of alcohol and other controlled substances while operating an OHV is strictly prohibited.

Passengers are not allowed on ATVs or motorcycles while in operation.

Wildlife and plants are protected. Avoid running over young trees, shrubs and animals.

Those registering an OHV for use in Turkey Bay accept responsibility for all use of the vehicle. LBL is not liable for damage, loss or theft of personal property.

Ride at your own risk. Know your limits.

If you have any questions concearning these rules, PM me. Last time I posted stuff, one of the USFuSs guys cried.

Camping
The best spot to camp at is probably going to be at Wranglers Campground. Its a large campground for horse riders, but alot of guys who visit Turkey Bay camp there b/c its only 10 minutes away. Last time I believe Rico and his buddy rented a cabin. Ill consider staying and pitchin in my share of the mula if someone wants to get together some spots. Even though I live 45 mins from it, it would be alot more fun chillin with you all (assuming the Urban Legend and the drunk coon doesnt show up :eek ). Here's the info on it...

Wranglers Campground
Campers can take advantage of primitive or electric sites, long-term campsites and group campsites. Wranglers also offers Camping Shelters for those wanting a less-rustic camping experience; they are ideal for families with children or those who want to camp but don't have the equipment. The one-room buildings have beds, ceiling fans, tables and chairs, electric outlets and a large porch, plus picnic tables and fire rings. Those staying in Camping Shelters use the campground restroom and shower facilities.
Wranglers Campground is undergoing expansion -- be sure to check back for updates on our newest facilities. Reservations are accepted for Camping Shelters only and may be made up to one year in advance; all other facilities are on a first-come, first-served basis. To reserve a Camping Shelter, call 270-924-2043.

Primitive Camping at Turkey Bay
Camping is permitted in Turkey Bay OHV at designated camping areas near entrance road #157. Chemical toilets and unloading ramps are available.
There is also a 24-hour generator area, but the rest is primitive camping. Not bad if you want to rough it, and I believe you can head over to Wranglers and pay like $5 to use the bath houses if need be.

Fees
Basic Camping $8.00 a night (multiple night discount available)
Annual Permit $45.00 Valid 4/1/03 thru 3/31/04
7-Day Permit $25.00 Valid 7 consecutive days from date of purchase
1-3 Day Permit $15.00 Valid 3 consecutive days from date of purchase

Any more questions just ask. If we have enough people wanting to go then I will put in for that Saturday off work so I can spend all weekend up there.

Also, if you are wondering what to bring....talk to Rico or have him post a list here...something. Hes Mr. H/M so Im sure he knows what needs to be brought (yes, beer!...lmao).

Hope to see some new faces and old ones alike...and Rico, you better have yer *** down here.