Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: banshee freestyle

banshee freestyle

does any ride a banshee or have pics of a banshee do freestyle
    02 blaster
    getting lrd exhust and 200 kit

A shee is not the best ATV to have for freestyle IMO. They are pretty nose heavy so it feels like you are jumping a utility quad except with long travel suspension. I have seen several 'shee riders go over the bars. In fact, I saw a guy on TV the other day go over the bars cause his nose was too low and it flipped forward and the grab bar nailed him and threw him back.

I've seen the Kangaroo Kid jump a Banshee before. I think he jumped over a jet, it was sweet.
    Honda 250EX:
    -Baffle Taken Out of Pipe
    -20" Rear Razrs
    -21" Front Razrs
    -+3" Spacer Kit
    -Frame Skid Plate

Honda 300 TW:
    -Moose Floorboards
    -Moose Handlebars
    -25" Dirt Devil Rears
    -Wide Mud Flaps

derek my little bro has some freestlye pics on a banshee from back in the days!!! not to bad for a stock machine!
    www.quadfreestyle.com Your number one site on the web for Quad Freestyle Motocross, featuring ATV Motocross news, ATV freestyle news, forums and blogs!

Graphic Marketing Coordinator
    HPI Racing

Originally posted by Shift_DVS
    derek my little bro has some freestlye pics on a banshee from back in the days!!! not to bad for a stock machine!

i'd liek to see those

did any of you see when i think it was the kangaroo kid try to jump the ferry wit the banshee and he clipped the top and flew off into the water...that was sweet
    08 sponsors-Motowoz Suspension, Spastic Designs, Rath Racing, DASA

KFX450R

i think banshees are cool but jumping thems a joke. they feel funny (i have heard) but i don't know for sure. i think some are pretty cool.
    love the cows

I have heard they are nose heavy in the mags and from when I see them jumping around I'd say that's true. Anything other than drag racing and the 'shee is out of it's league IMO.

Oh, and yes I saw the KK jump the ferry or boat thing. That was sweet. His front end hit the top of the boat and he went flying over the bars in mid-air and the both landed in water. It was sorta cool watching the 'shee sink.
    Honda 250EX:
    -20" Rear Razrs
    -21" Front Razrs
    -+3" Spacer Kit
    -Frame Skid Plate

Honda 300 TW:
    -Moose Floorboards
    -Moose Handlebars
    -25" Dirt Devil Rears
    -Wide Mud Flaps

You guys are all going from "what you've heard". Well maybe you oughta ride one and go for a big 4th or 5th gear leap and then say how it really is. Any real rider on the bike can ride it fast in close to any conditions. Mud is a no, real dusty slick is a no, etc.
    (C) A HARD-ARSE PRODUCTION
    Hardarse Clan>Admin>Joo

YXZ1000R

LED Performance JRD Narrow Puma 434

i agree with chef on this one. dont give reviews about something you know nothing about. my first actual quad was a 1987 banshee and i thought it jumped perfectly fine. im not talking about no 40 foot gaps either. just keep the "ive heard" reviews to a minimum guys.

I have not rode a 'shee as I will admit but I have seen plenty jump to form an opinion. I am not saying a 'shee is a bad jumper but it just takes a different style that most people aren't used to in a sport quad. The same people that jump a 'shee fine at the track are getting the nose very high on a 400EX so that shows it needs a different technique and since I personally would rather have my nose a little too high than a little too low, I would feel more comfortable hitting a double on a 400EX or similar quad.

Of course I am a 4 stroke guy so maybe the fact that it is a 2 stroke immediately makes me stereotype it in other aspects. Or maybe I am just not a Yamaha fan.

Just wanted to let you know that I am not speaking from some chit I read in a magazine. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't at least see a couple quads pass by the house loaded up. I love Kentucky.
    Honda 250EX:
    -20" Rear Razrs
    -21" Front Razrs
    -+3" Spacer Kit
    -Frame Skid Plate

Honda 300 TW:
    -Moose Floorboards
    -Moose Handlebars
    -25" Dirt Devil Rears
    -Wide Mud Flaps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast