Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannibal 440

Cannibal 440

Got my first ride on the new Cannondale this weekend and I must say HONDA BEWARE. They are kinda pricey but it rips better than a 400ex or Raptor with 1400 in mods. If not for questionable reliability I would recommend that anyone considering a 400ex get the new machine.
    '02 400 EX - Bling, Bling !

That good huh,,

What else did ya like beside the power??

You really should get a ride on one Rico - I think you'd like them... C-dale's done an excellent job for their first shot...

The power was right on but what really surprised me was the handling and ergonomics. It's right on par with the benchmark 250r and 400ex. At first I thought the styling sucked, it grows on ya though.
    '02 400 EX - Bling, Bling !

Talking Just Two Comments

First of all, this wasn't their first shot. The FX400 was their first shot and it bombed big time.

Secondly, I don't want anything looking like that to grow on me! LOL!

First of all - the Cannibal is little more than an FX400 with a little more advanced injection computer, a few recall updates and a lower price. I still consider it their first shot since the basic engine, chassis, and ergos have gone unchanged. Lets see you design a quad from scratch for mass production and see how you do, yet alone build one far more advanced than anything else out there.

Second of all, how do you know it "bombed big time"? Did you have the opportunity to spend some time with one, or are you making baseless accusations like are all too common on web based forums?

I personally rode FX400 #25 and if it "bombed big time" then a Raptor, LT250R, 300EX, Banshee, Warrior, and many other sport quads must really be pieces of crap, because it outhandled them all with ease and had substantially more power than our beloved 400EX. The frame alone puts the 400EX chassis to shame - you would not believe the difference in chassis rigidity (if you tend to notice those sorts of things).

Give them a little respect - they are really trying. The produced a very good machine right off the bat, and continue to refine it every day - at least they didn't pull a Yamaha and put out a machine with serious handling flaws, transmission flaws, starter flaws, etc and then not own up to the problems when stuff starts breaking & malfunctioning
    (disclaimer - I know there are a lot of Raptor owners out there that haven't had trouble, but I personally know quite a few that have, and the Yammie forums are full of tales of Yam not owning up to problems).

I for one am proud that an American company is the first to build a full aluminum twin spar chassis'd quad that has an advanced 4 stroke engine with fuel injection - what has Polaris given us but a bunch of overweight, poorly designed utility machines in sport clothing.

86atc250r, I couldn't have said it better myself!. You are absolutly right on all your points. Cannodale has done an awsome job with their first line of atvs. Nothing else compares to all their innovations and for all their features, they're not overpriced at all. I am not afraid to say that they have out done a 400ex. Its the truth. And good for them for outdoing the competition. I would just like to know if they have as good a reliability record as our hondas. But its not like any other atv companies can even touch honda in that catagory anyways. For the record, I applaud C-dale on making a totally revolutionary sport quad that just might open some eyes at other companies like honda and yamaha and benefit all of us in the long run.
    ~2001 Yellow 400ex, K&N filter with Pre-filter, POLISHED Supertrapp IDS2 silencer, 20" rear Holeshots tires, Braking brake pads, Black Shockers Shockcovers, Renthal 400ex bend bars w/ oury grips, Pro Design tether kill switch, JE 440 big bore 10.5-1 piston, Dyno Jet Stage 2 kit, Removed air box lid, Duncan Racing aluminum nerfs, AC Racing full chassis skid plate, Race cut plastic, AC Racing mudscreen bumper, and a 42 pilot jet and removed choke.
    *SOLD*

I'll back it 100% because it is american made. People probably wouldn't talk so badly about it is c-dale had kept the original design for the quads.

The only thing I don't like about them is that they look like crap. I can't stand it. I would definately have to go with a better quad than that and I definately praise cannondale for makeing a race ready quad from america that isn't to worried about law suits and what other people think.
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

Originally posted by JustRace
    I'll back it 100% because it is american made. People probably wouldn't talk so badly about it is c-dale had kept the original design for the quads.
    people wouldnt talk so bad about it if it didnt eat up the quad they have. and what makes it worse, is that its pretty much the companys first try, think what they will have for us in years to come...

and dont forget that you can remap the fuel injection and get 62 hp out of it...
    (C) A HARD-ARSE PRODUCTION
    Hardarse Clan>Admin>Joo

YXZ1000R

LED Performance JRD Narrow Puma 434

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast