Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NY ice racing 2/3 and 2/10

NY ice racing 2/3 and 2/10

Hi all,

Ice racing in Saranac Lake, NY Feb 3rd and 10th.. Good time for all!

Leo
    You know the world is going crazy when France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

Leo,
    Do you have anymore details on the event? like, is it mostly bikes, or quads? How much is registration? Is it an organized event, or is it just a bunch of people showing up?

Thanx
    NEATV-MX #24
    Honda TRX450R04
    ELKA Suspension -- Ride Hard, Ride ELKA
    Land-Air Honda

It's an organized event (although I use that term loosely ).. It runs in conjunction with Saranac Lakes winter carnival.

Last year it was 75% quads, 25% bikes...

There were a ton of two-strokes (250R's, Banshees, etc..) Lots of very nice R's setup for ice racing..

There were also quite a few 4-strokes (5 or 6 400's, 2 raptors, and a DS650)..

I'm still waiting for the guy to get ahold of me with the exact details (registration fee's etc..) It's was ~$20 if memory serves.. Rules were pretty limited last year, more or less run what you brung, as far as I know the only requirements last year were a helmet, and studded tires (they did have an un-studded class, but it was only 2 quads)...

It should be a blast, I know of 3 - 400EX's that will be there for sure Personally I can't wait!

Leo
    You know the world is going crazy when France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

You should register and insure your bike before going, sometimes the cops show up and bust you if you dont have insurance or a registration to your bike. In NJ they will impound your bike if they catch you.
    2000 Roll/Laeger's/Houser/Axis 416ex

2001 Arens/Laeger's/PEP 250r

Thanks to my sponsors for 2003 : 00-Buck ATV Racing, Team Pompton, Nebulae Race Team, Milton Inn Packaged Goods, Napa Auto Parts of Oak Ridge, Sick Style Racing, WD-40, Hinson Racing, IMS, Sport Center Racing, and Nac's racing

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports for all there help and support they gave me.

We are now accepting resumes, this is a New Jersey based team. westsyder50@hotmail.com
    http://www.geocities.com/sickstyleatv/index.html

Team Rcokford Fosgate 401+ northeast champ 147.7db

It's an organized event -- none of the bikes last year were carrying NY registrations..

They have spectators and everything

Leo

Good luck Leo, if sarnack lake wasn't 5 hours away, I'd come route you on! The lakes down here aren't even close to frozen enough to ride on yet, I think they let you ice skate a couple days, but it's been just a bit too warm. I'm waiting for my creek to freeze so I can ride on it!
    Mike L.
    http://www.turbocarz.com/offroad
    '92 TRX250X / '85 KX125

The race on sunday 2/3 has been cancelled because of the ice conditions...

Leo

The race tommorow (2/10) is still on

Finally get a chance to try out the mean machine on the ice!

Leo

Good luck!
    2000 Roll/Laeger's/Houser/Axis 416ex

2001 Arens/Laeger's/PEP 250r

Thanks to my sponsors for 2003 : 00-Buck ATV Racing, Team Pompton, Nebulae Race Team, Milton Inn Packaged Goods, Napa Auto Parts of Oak Ridge, Sick Style Racing, WD-40, Hinson Racing, IMS, Sport Center Racing, and Nac's racing

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports for all there help and support they gave me.

We are now accepting resumes, this is a New Jersey based team. westsyder50@hotmail.com
    http://www.geocities.com/sickstyleatv/index.html

Team Rcokford Fosgate 401+ northeast champ 147.7db

Well, survived my first ice race

Did OK in the TT events (4th overall).. wound up with a 4th and a 5th (would have been 2 4th's but some fellow decided to use the old 'cut the cone + pass trick on the last lap and the officials didn't catch it.. that's OK though, get a chance for some revenge next weekend!)...

Did miserable in the oval events, bad draws for starting position followed by miserable starts led to a poor race ..

All in all it was fun.....

They ran the 400EX's and the Raptors in the same class (4-stroke amatuer)..

Started getting the hang of it and fine-tuning my setup.. Learned quite a few things.. (8lbs is not enough tire pressure!) Really should have a sway bar..

They are doing it again this weekend, I highly recomend it to anyone who get's a chance!

Leo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast