Thread: Feeler Guage or clearance guage... Where to find one?

Feeler Guage or clearance guage... Where to find one?

I was just interested in where I may be directed to find a feeler guage or clearance guage whatever you may call it for my valve adjustment. I have a straight one but the maintenance requires one with a 45 degree bend towards the end of the guage. I am assuming any aotomotive joint will have them but before i waste my time looking figured why not ask. Thanks
    Zingnut: 2001 400ex w/extras

Thumbs up

A "straight" feeler gauge will work fine. The 2 feelers strips used bend easily since they are so thin. You can buy the gauge at Pep-Boys.
    '00 Budweiser 420SS, XR cam, JE 10.8:1 416 piston, FMF 4Q with Powerbong , AC Pro Pegs, skid & bumper, UniFilter, 6 airbox vents, 42 pilot; 165 main; clip 4 down, chokeless, stock fuel screw position (= 2 1/4 turns out), hydraulic clutch

No Pep Boys anywhere around here. Napa, autozone and local car parts sellers. Will they have one of these guages????

Originally posted by Zingnut
    No Pep Boys anywhere around here. Napa, autozone and local car parts sellers. Will they have one of these guages????

yes
    '00 Budweiser 420SS, XR cam, JE 10.8:1 416 piston, FMF 4Q with Powerbong , AC Pro Pegs, skid & bumper, UniFilter, 6 airbox vents, 42 pilot; 165 main; clip 4 down, chokeless, stock fuel screw position (= 2 1/4 turns out), hydraulic clutch

I got one at autozone, just be careful, the stupid feeler has 2 sizes on it, one side is .004 the other .006 so just make sure you using the correct side.
    Mike L.
    http://www.turbocarz.com/offroad
    '92 TRX250X / '85 KX125

Thanks for the info, I picked mine up at NAPA.