Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: quoting how-to?

quoting how-to?

How do you get the author of the quote to show up? I searched and couldn't find the answer. I also just tried different stuff and didn't figure it out. It's probably easy. I have just been quoting without showing the author. Thanks in advance.
    2000 400ex 11:1 Wiseco,stage 2 Hotcam, WB R4 full exhaust,WB rev box, K&N/OW, 450r carb, no lid, +2 a-arms,Works shocks,GForce axle,chrome stem,fat bars,250r hood, brake blockoff, ASV clutch lever, race cut fender.

2003 Cr250 White plastics, V Force 3 reed cage.

Re: quoting how-to?

Originally posted by dariusld
    How do you get the author of the quote to show up? I searched and couldn't find the answer. I also just tried different stuff and didn't figure it out. It's probably easy. I have just been quoting without showing the author. Thanks in advance.
    I just hit the quote button and it shows up.

[i ] Originally posted by dariusld [/i ] You might have to put that in between the two quotes but without the spaces between the I's and brackets
    Looking for any stock/aftermarket banshee parts....pm me

Re: quoting how-to?

like this
    Jerry

Quadless again!!!!

I'm getting closer. But still haven't got it.
    2000 400ex 11:1 Wiseco,stage 2 Hotcam, WB R4 full exhaust,WB rev box, K&N/OW, 450r carb, no lid, +2 a-arms,Works shocks,GForce axle,chrome stem,fat bars,250r hood, brake blockoff, ASV clutch lever, race cut fender.

Just hit the quote button. Then type what ever you want to say under it.
    Jerry

Quadless again!!!!

Hitting the quote button like was already mentioned is by far the easiest. But, if you want to do it manually here's how:

[quote ][i ]Originally posted by dariusld[/i ]
    [b ]blah, blah, blah[/b ][/quote ]

Type those vBB codes but remove the spaces I've left before the last bracket on each tag. For an easy tutorial, quote somebody using the quote button and then go back in and edit your own thread and look how the board automatically tagged the quote.

blah, blah, blah
    Here's what it should look like when you remove the spaces.
    2013 KTM 300XC

[QUOTE]

hmmm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by zlam27

hmmm

ohhh, that quote button (not the one above where im typing this right now, but the one on the actual forum page. VIOLA.

The steps I take to quote. 1. I highlight what I'm going to quote. 2. I copy it. 3. I hit the quote button( the one next to the "list" button). 4. I paste it in the quote box.
    ohhh, that quote button (not the one above where im typing this right now, but the one on the actual forum page. VIOLA.
    And this is what I'm getting. Still no Originally posted by. It must be easy, because everyone does it.

The steps I take to quote. 1. I highlight what I'm going to quote. 2. I copy it. 3. I hit the quote button( the one next to the "list" button). And this is what I'm getting. Still no Originally posted by. It must be easy, because everyone does it.
    if you hit the quote button instead of post reply it will show up
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast